SL
Posted By
Sara_L_Grier
Jan 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have created a graphic in PE, that when printed out from that program, fits exactly on an 8 x 11 page like I want it too. When I import that into Photoshop, it’s identical. However, when I import it to Adobe Photo Deluxe, my image shrinks to 1"W x ~2"H. (In other programs, when it prints out, it is 4.25"w x 8.5"H.) What is going on? On top of that, when I am in a word document and want to import this same photo, it comes in shrunken like the 1 x 2" graphic, but has a picture box around it that is 6" w X 5" H. I am completely confused. Why am I not getting a consistent graphic image? Thanks in advance!
Sara

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Jan 27, 2004
Sara,

Not certain, but it is quite possibly a resolution issue. For example a 5"x7" image at 72ppi will be a 1.68"x1.2" image at 300 ppi.

Rich
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jan 27, 2004
Don’t know about PhotoDeluxe but can tell you that Word/PowerPoint just doesn’t honor inches/ppi tags in the file header, and different file formats (TIFF/JPEG) tend to come in at different sizes on the page, too. AND, this seems to vary with the version number of the MS app.

Best you can do is resize the images once they are in Word.

Mac
SL
Sara_L_Grier
Jan 27, 2004
Yes, I’m sure it’s related to the resolution, as it was originally 27" x 22" with a ppi of 150. But why can’t I get it to print into a word doc at the same ~4 x 8" size that it prints directly from PE?

Thanks. (Sorry for the dumb question, I’m just starting out, in case you had any doubts!)

Sara
SL
Sara_L_Grier
Jan 27, 2004
Mac,

If I try resizing it in Word, than I lose the image (too spread out). Any other advice?

Sara
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 27, 2004
Sara, when I pull a JPEG into PowerPoint or Word, it’s usually the wrong size – either too small or too large. I usually just click on it and drag one of the corners toward the middle to make it smaller. I did find that in PowerPoint if I resized the image to 1024 by 768 pixels, it would fill the background of a slide. (Somebody here told me that, Mac or Jodi or Beth….anyway…)

Chuck
JH
Jim_Hess
Jan 27, 2004
Sara,

First of all, I must inform you that I am NOT a word processing expert. I have assembled a couple of small personal histories that included quite a few photographs. This observation may not apply to you. But I have found that if I change the text wrapping property for the photographs to "tight", it is then much easier for me to adjust the photograph to the size that I need.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections