JS
Posted By
jes.sandiegoca
May 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
CS2 the way to go or does it have too many minuses? Costwise I’m sure it’d pay to get an earlier version. Any recommended places to buy from?

I’ve got an HP Media Center 7360 with 300 gb hard drive and 2 gb memory. The speed is 2.8.

Thanks,
Chris

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MH
Mike Hyndman
May 2, 2006
"jes.sandiegoca" wrote in message
CS2 the way to go or does it have too many minuses? Costwise I’m sure it’d pay to get an earlier version. Any recommended places to buy from?
I’ve got an HP Media Center 7360 with 300 gb hard drive and 2 gb memory. The speed is 2.8.

Thanks,
Chris,

You can only "legally" buy the latest version. When a new release comes out the earlier ones are withdrawn. Minuses? That depends on how much time you are going to put into getting the best out of it. Have you thought of buying Elements?

HTH
MH
M
mark
May 2, 2006
"jes.sandiegoca" wrote in message

Thanks,
Chris,

You can only "legally" buy the latest version. When a new release comes out the earlier ones are withdrawn. Minuses? That depends on how much time you are going to put into getting the best out of it. Have you thought of buying Elements?

HTH
MH
Actually Adobe does have a program where IF the original software was both registered and legal, then the license can be transfered to a new owner. It takes a little time, but unless they changed it can be done. It does require some paperwork with Adobe though. I didn’t go this route, though I thought about it. Many programs that might have come with things like scanners and printers (Photo Elements and Adobe PhotoDeluxe if thats still being used) get you a substancial discount on the current full version of Photoshop so I went that way instead.
MH
Mike Hyndman
May 2, 2006
Actually Adobe does have a program where IF the original software was both
registered and legal, then the license can be transfered to a new owner.

Still does ISTR, but if the "disposer" of the old version has used the ownership to upgrade to a newer version, then he/she lose the right to use the upgrade.
Caveat Emptor

MH
L
landnotloans
May 2, 2006
Try gimp, you can legally use whatever version you want .

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections