SB
Posted By
steve_biel
Aug 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have noticed this problem in both Photoshop and Illustrator that colors seem to change to different CMYK values on their own. Is there a way to stop this?

For example in Photoshop I used the picker to create a rich black color with values of 50% Cyan, 50% Magenta, 0 Yellow and 100% Black. When I used this color to fill in the background and then looked at the info window it has taken upon itself to become 79 Cyan, 76 Magenta, 59 Yellow and 80 Black. The program should not do this on its own, especially for those of us in the print industry.

Please advise.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MO
Mike_Ornellas
Aug 25, 2004
hmm..
CB
charles_badland
Aug 25, 2004
I’d guess you are working on an RGB file. Others here in the forum have the knowledge to discuss it in more detail; but I can recreate the problem you have if the color mode of the file I’m working on is RGB. If the color mode of the file is CMYK, then the color you create should fill as predicted.
JS
John_Slate
Aug 25, 2004
setting the first readout in the info palette to "actual color" will make it hard to make this mistake again.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections