No Dialog please!!! Need to procss image squence with psplugins!!

A
Posted By
arkarda
Apr 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi folks, bit of a problem.

got an image sequence to process with abobe photoshop plugins. I need a photsohop plugin hoster that can apply the plugins without the dialog for the plugin reappearing every
single image of the sequence.

the only one that woked was bauhaus mirage 30 day trial. IT WAS SOO SLOW.but once you set the FX for the
video track in the dialog. It just chugged away and did
it. BUT so long after that it might have been easier to do them all by hand!!

I’ve tried IMAGEN,IFRANVIEW …they all host the plugins but the same problem It’s a shame, they’re very fast.

why can’t we ave something like virtualdub for photoshop filters?? A lean, resource light program that applies psplugins??

ANY ONE KNOW OF A PS PLUGIN HOSTER, THAT
DOESN’T BRING UP THE PLUGIN DIALOG FOR EVERY
IMAGE IN SEQUENCE??

OR BATCH PROCESSOR??

thanks in advance.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Jay Smith
Apr 23, 2006
I dont know if this helps but there are automation programs that can click buttons for you
so you dont have to do it manually….

so even if the dialog opens it will be pushed automatically…

"arkarda" wrote in message

got an image sequence to process with abobe photoshop plugins. I need a photsohop plugin hoster that can apply the plugins without the dialog for the plugin reappearing every

the only one that woked was bauhaus mirage 30 day trial. IT WAS SOO SLOW.but once you set the FX for the

I’ve tried IMAGEN,IFRANVIEW …they all host the plugins but the same problem It’s a shame, they’re very fast.

why can’t we ave something like virtualdub for photoshop filters?? A lean, resource light program that applies psplugins??

IMAGE IN SEQUENCE??

OR BATCH PROCESSOR??

thanks in advance.
A
arkarda
Apr 23, 2006
it would be great if one program did this all

what ae the automation programs anyway?
i’m intrigued.

And some of the dialogs go back to their
DEFAULT setting so you have to go in
and push buttons.

of course all ps plugins without dialogs work fine
in batch processing programs like imagen. But it limits
your ceativity to a handfl of plugins.

ther must be one program out there…..
this is a huge gap in the creativity market.

thanks.

thanks.
T
toby
Apr 23, 2006
arkarda wrote:
it would be great if one program did this all

what ae the automation programs anyway?
i’m intrigued.

And some of the dialogs go back to their
DEFAULT setting so you have to go in
and push buttons.

of course all ps plugins without dialogs work fine
in batch processing programs like imagen. But it limits
your ceativity to a handfl of plugins.

Adobe provided means for plugins to work with their scripting drivers (Actions). Perhaps not all of the plugins you’re using are scripting savvy.

What are the operations you’re doing? Maybe other batch tools like ImageMagick can do the job instead?

ther must be one program out there…..
this is a huge gap in the creativity market.

thanks.

thanks.
KM
Ken Maltby
Apr 24, 2006

IMAGE IN SEQUENCE??

OR BATCH PROCESSOR??

thanks in advance.

You could check out Wax2 and Gimp2.

Luck;
Ken

MK
Mike Kujbida
Apr 24, 2006
arkarda wrote:

IMAGE IN SEQUENCE??

OR BATCH PROCESSOR??

thanks in advance.

When I have a video sequence that I want to do what you’re trying to do, I export the sequence as a series of uncompressed frames (I use Sony Vegas) and make an action in Photoshop to do whatever processing I want. I then take this modified sequence and bring it back into Vegas.

Mike
T
toby
Apr 24, 2006
Mike Kujbida wrote:
arkarda wrote:

got an image sequence to process with abobe photoshop plugins. …

When I have a video sequence that I want to do what you’re trying to do, I export the sequence as a series of uncompressed frames (I use Sony Vegas) and make an action in Photoshop to do whatever processing I want.

Have you guys explored the Photoshop plugin compatibilty of AfterEffects and/or Premiere?

–T

I then
take this modified sequence and bring it back into Vegas.
Mike
May 1, 2006

why can’t we ave something like virtualdub for photoshop
filters??
A lean, resource light program that applies psplugins??

IMAGE IN SEQUENCE??

OR BATCH PROCESSOR??

thanks in advance.

Not exactly what you asked for but using MacroMaker in
conjunction with IrfanView will automagically do this. Your post got me to give it a try and sure einough, it works very well. You just have to setup IrfanView to save and load in the right folders and then just use MacroMaker to write a script based on using IrfanView with the keyboard only. All the steps you would perform manually are done automatically and obviously much faster. IrfanView is great for this because of its keyboard and commandline support. Your machine might choke if you have too many files. I couldn’t do much more than 800 small jpg’s at a time without a crash. I think this is because after you get too many files in a folder, windows takes a long time to open the save dialog. So I just modified the script to do only a few hundred at a time.

http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections