NM
Posted By
Nigel Molesworth
Apr 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve taken some photos of square CD inserts. The images are not square, or even rectangular, because I had to take them at an angle to avoid flash burn.

I want to crop these to images of 300 pixels square. What is the best way to get the square shape back?

Nigel M

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Apr 23, 2006
"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
I’ve taken some photos of square CD inserts. The images are not square, or even rectangular, because I had to take them at an angle to avoid flash burn.

I want to crop these to images of 300 pixels square. What is the best way to get the square shape back?

Nigel

Check out Edit>Transform>Perspective or Skew. See also Filter>Distort>Lens correction.

MH
R
Rizla
Apr 24, 2006
"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message

Nigel

Check out Edit>Transform>Perspective or Skew. See also Filter>Distort>Lens correction.

MH

Or select the crop tool, drag out the crop area, then before" you actually crop the image, tick the Perspective box on the toolbar. (next to opacity percentage) you can then move the handles on the crop area before you apply the crop.
The Perspective option is only available "After" you have drawn your crop area.
Mick
K
Kingdom
Apr 24, 2006
Nigel Molesworth wrote in
news::

select the cover hit ctrl-t, hold the Ctrl button and drag the corners to adjust the cover back to square, reselect and crop, resize to 300

‘Mirror mirror on the wall who is the prettiest of them all?’ ‘Snow White you dirty bitch and don’t you forget it!’
NM
Nigel Molesworth
Apr 24, 2006
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 02:49:56 +0100, Mick Harris wrote:

Or select the crop tool, drag out the crop area, then before" you actually crop the image, tick the Perspective box on the toolbar.

Perfect, thank you.

Nigel M
DT
Darth This
Apr 24, 2006

In CS2 the best tool for that kind of transform is Vanishing Point. Try it, you’ll like it 🙂
Rizla
Apr 26, 2006
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 02:49:56 +0100, Mick Harris wrote:

Or select the crop tool, drag out the crop area, then before" you actually crop the image, tick the Perspective box on the toolbar.

Perfect, thank you.

Nigel M

Your welcome.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections