Posted By
Dave
Apr 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

Just starting out with digital and PS. I read an article that experienced photographers adjust the white balance from 0,0,0 and 255,255,255 in PS to some other settings because there is never pure white and black. Is this true and if so are some settings better?

Also when shooting and I have a white/black card how is it done? Shoot one shot with the card then remove it and take the shots then in PS adjust the shot with card and apply the RAW setting to the rest of the shots or somewhere in the pics have the card then adjust the settings then crop the card out?

thanks
david

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Clyde
Apr 19, 2006
Dave wrote:
Hello,

Just starting out with digital and PS. I read an article that experienced photographers adjust the white balance from 0,0,0 and 255,255,255 in PS to some other settings because there is never pure white and black. Is this true and if so are some settings better?
Also when shooting and I have a white/black card how is it done? Shoot one shot with the card then remove it and take the shots then in PS adjust the shot with card and apply the RAW setting to the rest of the shots or somewhere in the pics have the card then adjust the settings then crop the card out?

thanks
david

You could also do it with Curves. Save the curve with the pinned neutral, then load that curve in all the other pictures.

Clyde

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections