PH
Posted By
P_Holt
Jan 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do i review the galleries I have created. After viewing it after its creation I don’t know how to re activate it. Also I am learning to build a web site and don’t know how to attach it to the site for viewing. Can anyone help. Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 26, 2004
Are you talking about galleries created in PhotoAlbum or the Web Photo Gallery created in Elements? No matter, for either you need some kind of FTP (File Transfer Protocal, I think) program in order to get it posted on a website. If you’ll post more information, you’ll get a more detailed response – and include the platform you’re on, since anyone recommending an FTP program would need to know that.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 26, 2004
Ooops. Duplicate post. Sorry. This site sure is slow this morning!
EW
Ed_Wurster
Jan 26, 2004
wrote:
How do i review the galleries I have created. After viewing it after its creation I don’t know how to re activate it. Also I am learning to build a web site and don’t know how to attach it to the site for viewing. Can anyone help. Thanks

When it first comes up in your web browser after creation, bookmark it, or add to favorites.

How do your work with the web site now? That will help someone answer your second question.

Ed
JD
Juergen_D
Jan 26, 2004
To just view a gallery on your PC, you can also go to the folder where you created the gallery and double click on ‘index.htm’.

Juergen
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 26, 2004

This site sure is slow this morning!

Beth

Not sure about the others, but we are expecting a big snow storm so I was out running errands hence my slowness!.

Grant
JD
Juergen_D
Jan 26, 2004
Not sure about the others, but we are expecting a big snow storm so I
was out running errands hence my slowness!.

Grant,

We already had our snow (ice) storm and I can’t even walk down our drive way. So, no errands here. I wish I could run some since this thing started yesterday morning.

Juergen
PH
P_Holt
Jan 29, 2004
Thanks for replying Beth. I was not clear in my question. Firstly I am referring to the web photo gallery. It was easy enough to create and it ran itself. However, after I closed it I couldn’t find anyway to restart it and the help gives no explanation! The second point is that I am lowly learning to use Front Office and I want to run the gallery in my budding web site before I eventually upload it but don’t know how to integrate it into the site. Thanks for your interest. Phil Holt
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 29, 2004
Phil, when you want to restart the gallery, open the folder it’s in and double click on the icon named ‘index.htm’. That will automatically launch your browser in the local zone (as opposed to actually being online.) From that page you’ll get thumbnails of the images in your gallery, with each thumb automatically linking to the larger image.

I can’t help you at all with the linkage in Front Office. I know when I was still using Adobe PageMill that I’d create a main index page and then make a link from that to the index.htm page of the Web Photo Gallery. Once that link was made, the remainder of the gallery was accessed from the gallery index page. I don’t have a clue how this might be done in Front Office. I’m still trying to figure out how to do in myself in GoLive!
EW
Ed_Wurster
Jan 29, 2004
wrote:
Phil, when you want to restart the gallery, open the folder it’s in and double click on the icon named ‘index.htm’. That will automatically launch your browser in the local zone (as opposed to actually being online.) From that page you’ll get thumbnails of the images in your gallery, with each thumb automatically linking to the larger image.

I can’t help you at all with the linkage in Front Office. I know when I was still using Adobe PageMill that I’d create a main index page and then make a link from that to the index.htm page of the Web Photo Gallery. Once that link was made, the remainder of the gallery was accessed from the gallery index page. I don’t have a clue how this might be done in Front Office. I’m still trying to figure out how to do in myself in GoLive!

Type some text, select it, and then look for insert link, or make link.

I actually use GoLive 5. It was a little tricky with that. When you create a site, GL makes a web site folder, and gets you going. When you want to include something such as web photo galleries, copy the entire folder into your web site folder. For instance, I made a folder called "gallery" and copied my web photo galleries into that. In the folder "gallery" you need to create an index.htm. In this file you create links to the web site sub-folder index.htm files.

When you copy the web photo galleries into your local web site folder, GoLive does not show these in the site browser it has. You must UPDATE the SITE and you’ll find this in a menu.

Ed
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 29, 2004
Thanks, Ed. I may be back for more help! I found a couple of basic tutorials on GoLive yesterday, but I haven’t had time to go in on the other computer and see if I can make the transition from print to "action". Maybe I’ll get in there later today and give it a try.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections