R
Posted By
Rezmo
Apr 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
why is it when I use the patch tool (PS 7) to get rid of some unwanted pixels near a border of an object
it smears the edge of the object? Even when I don’t touch the object itself.
I have some photos that I had the usm in the camera turned on by mistake and it left halos on the edges of the object(s). I thought I could use the patchtool to get rid of them.
TIA
rezmo

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Apr 11, 2006
"Rezmo" wrote in message
why is it when I use the patch tool (PS 7) to get rid of some unwanted pixels near a border of an object
I have some photos that I had the usm in the camera turned on by mistake and
it left halos on the edges of the object(s). I thought I could use the patchtool to get rid of them.
TIA
rezmo

Try experimenting with the use of selections to isolate the areas you are sampling from/patching to prevent "bleeding" from lighter/darker areas.

Another way would be to use a soft edged History Brush immediately after the patch tool to restore any parts of the patched area which are not required.

HTH
MH
R
Rezmo
Apr 12, 2006

Art Resnick
www.gOOsewOrksStudiO.com
"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message
"Rezmo" wrote in message
I have some photos that I had the usm in the camera turned on by mistake and
it left halos on the edges of the object(s). I thought I could use the patchtool to get rid of them.
TIA
rezmo

Try experimenting with the use of selections to isolate the areas you are sampling from/patching to prevent "bleeding" from lighter/darker areas.
Another way would be to use a soft edged History Brush immediately after
the
patch tool to restore any parts of the patched area which are not
required.
HTH
MH

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections