HD
Posted By
hot_denim
Aug 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using the s3 3D virge DX/2 4MB video card. Its not a 3D card at all Just 2D, despite the name.

It has served me fine….never have ever had a need for anything more..or requreied more from it.

I wanted to get a 3D card, These days 2D/3D cards are combined into 1 card. So it will ‘have’ to go. I will replace it with the Voodoo 3 3000 PCI 16MB.

Using Windows 2000 default drivers specific for my old card, adobe gamma has a problem that when you adjust the gamma, there is no onscreen change, only a chnage is seen in 256 colour mode. I even modified accelation. Since the cards drivers from manuafacturer are last updated 1998, and WIndows 2000’s 2000 there was nothing I could do driver wise.

Can people give me there experiences/ideas of how the Vooodoo 3 will be at 2D and also with photoshop. Do you know if it will/will not have the gamme problem that I (and others, mayeb diffrent card) have had ?.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

HD
hot_denim
Aug 2, 2003
My system is old. PCI bus only…so I have no choice than old hardware.

Does windows 2000 not have it’s drivers for it ?, id expect it too.

Does the card not exhibit the adobe Gamma problem I mentiond ?.
RH
r_harvey
Aug 2, 2003
My system is old. PCI bus only…

Same drivers for PCI/AGP.

Does windows 2000 not have it’s drivers…

Same era as 2000, and when I ran the 2000 is-your-computer-ready test, it said it was fine.

Does the card not exhibit the adobe Gamma problem I mentiond ?.

I know nothing about running games. The only problems I’ve seen are with Star Office and OpenOffice.org <http://www.openoffice.org>, where the 3D shape tools draw garbage all over the screen, and the 3D screen savers (3D Maze) randomly blue-screen. MS DirectX Diag seems okay.
HD
hot_denim
Aug 2, 2003
Im am not refering to games, adobe gamma is a utility that installs with photoshop that letts you alter the display.
RH
r_harvey
Aug 2, 2003
Adobe Gamma works.
RH
r_harvey
Aug 2, 2003
Im am not refering to games, adobe gamma is a utility that installs with photoshop that letts you alter the display.

That was answered in the first post:

It works fine with just about everything, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections