M
Posted By
murmur
Aug 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to convert an RGB photo to CMYK, for inclusion in a flyer which is getting professionally printed. When I do this (using Photoshop 7), the CMYK version looks identical in Photoshop, but when I import it into Pagemaker, it turns out very red (and also prints very red).

Can anyone instruct me on how to convert a photo RBG to CMYK while maintaining similar colors? Many thanks.

murmur

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
n8 skow
Aug 27, 2003
Do you have the correct CMYK and RGB profiles loaded in your Color Settings?

n8

I need to convert an RGB photo to CMYK, for inclusion in a flyer which is getting professionally printed. When I do this (using Photoshop 7), the CMYK version looks identical in Photoshop, but when I import it into Pagemaker, it turns out very red (and also prints very red).
Can anyone instruct me on how to convert a photo RBG to CMYK while maintaining similar colors? Many thanks.

murmur
C
CoolSnake37
Aug 27, 2003
If you got the conversion from RGB to CMYK to look identical in Photoshop consider yourself lucky. Usually a shift from RGB to CMYK will result in a few color shifts because CMYK is unable to represent as many colors as can be seen in RGB. It’s the difference between gamuts and subtractive vs. addative colors.

As far as the Pagemaker issue is concerned, make sure you have color management turned on. File > Preferences > General > CMS Setup. You will have to set it up according to your own work environment. After it is on, place the picture again and that should clear up your color cast problem.

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 06:20:29 GMT, murmur wrote:

murmur
M
murmur
Aug 28, 2003
Thanks! That seemed to do it (the Pagemaker suggestion, actually).

t

CoolSnake37 wrote:

If you got the conversion from RGB to CMYK to look identical in Photoshop consider yourself lucky. Usually a shift from RGB to CMYK will result in a few color shifts because CMYK is unable to represent as many colors as can be seen in RGB. It’s the difference between gamuts and subtractive vs. addative colors.

As far as the Pagemaker issue is concerned, make sure you have color management turned on. File > Preferences > General > CMS Setup. You will have to set it up according to your own work environment. After it is on, place the picture again and that should clear up your color cast problem.

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 06:20:29 GMT, murmur wrote:

murmur

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections