GH
Posted By
Gary H
Mar 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m wondering how I can make a selection, and then have everything BUT say the "green colors" turn into B&W, along with the rest of the photo.

I have a bunch of pictures from yesterday. Being St. Patrick’s day and all, there are quite a bit of green items in my photo’s. Beer, shirts, signs, etc. I want to turn the photo’s into B&W photo’s, however keeping certain items green.

I hope this makese sense. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Gary

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Mar 18, 2006
"Gary H" wrote in message
I’m wondering how I can make a selection, and then have everything BUT say the "green colors" turn into B&W, along with the rest of the photo.
I have a bunch of pictures from yesterday. Being St. Patrick’s day and all, there are quite a bit of green items in my photo’s. Beer, shirts, signs, etc. I want to turn the photo’s into B&W photo’s, however keeping certain items green.

Gary,

Open your image and go to Image>Adjust>Desaturate, this will turn the whole picture greyscale.
Then with the History brush (Y on keyboard) paint over the parts you want to restore to colour.

HTH
MH
GH
Gary H
Mar 18, 2006
Wow, that is AWESOME! Thank you very much! Perfect.

Gary

"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message
"Gary H" wrote in message

Gary,

Open your image and go to Image>Adjust>Desaturate, this will turn the whole picture greyscale.
Then with the History brush (Y on keyboard) paint over the parts you want to restore to colour.

HTH
MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Mar 18, 2006
On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 14:16:28 -0600, "Gary H"
wrote:

Wow, that is AWESOME! Thank you very much! Perfect.
Gary,

You’re welcome 😉

Just a thought, St Patrick’s day? Celebrations? Alcohol? Photography? and you managed to get some usable photos, not blurred, smashed camera, etc.,? 😉
MH
remove -bats- to reply

"Ingratitude is never having to say thankyou".
N
nk
Mar 19, 2006
Gary,
I would do it a little differently.
When you have your image in photoshop, Go to Select, Color range. Use the color pickers to select the color you want to keep and click ok. (This may take a few shoots to get the selection correct.
Then go to Select, Inverse.
Now go to Image, Adjustment, Desaturate. (Note: I like Channel Mixer and Monochrome better).

Nath

Gary H wrote:

Gary

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections