LM
Posted By
Lince_M_Lawrence
Aug 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working in a completely automated new-generation STM content development environment, and typesetters for global publishing leaders in hetero-media spears.

Basic image-processing, has an important role when it comes to web and print media; what you see in web should be what you see in print. Any deviation from that, invites serious criticisms tagged with economics of our organization.

Now let me tell my problem:

If a figure generated in illustrator with a definite dimension decided by us is rasterized with photoshop, the size changes to the tune of a fraction of a percentage. Is it possible by any-means to avert this?

If not a similar feature like this should come in-between photoshop and illustrator to mediate the dimension consistency.

Thanks,
Lince M Lawrence

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LM
Lince_M_Lawrence
Aug 21, 2004
Also Read:

Lince M Lawrence "Size Difference [FONTS]" 6/21/04 9:16pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 21, 2004
I’m not sure I follow what you are talking about, but,

"If a figure generated in illustrator with a definite dimension decided by us is rasterized with photoshop, the size changes to the tune of a fraction of a percentage."

What are the units being used for these dimensions? Since you can’t have fractions of a pixel in Photoshop, using units other than pixels is likely to result in inconsistencies.
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Aug 21, 2004
The stroke thickness of your extreme paths may confuse the size issue for Photoshop. Are the rasterised images slightly larger than the vectors? (just a thought)
P
progress
Aug 21, 2004
stroke thickness and antialiasing throw an extra pixel in here and there…which is why AI to PS rasterize falls flat on its arse with G’s C’s and circles etc.

Pants isnt it…but then we’ve only had the apps for about a decade and they are only made by the same developer and only have some common credits between them so really i think we’re expecting a bit much if theyre expected to actually work together…

Antialising is understandable, whats not forgiveable is the workaround needed to stop PS cutting the edges off curves so theyre flat.
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Aug 21, 2004
I’d make a set of templates in Illustrator, with fixed transparent rectangle bounds for the images. This way all the rasterised documents will have predictable dimensions.
P
progress
Aug 21, 2004
i’d like PS to just expand to the rasterized image limits rather than using the artworks size.

Depends on how you import into PS as to your results.

The problem comes with workflows that require a mixed approach and rely on snapping/copy/paste etc etc.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections