how to move all my settings from ps to ps2?

AN
Posted By
avdavid.noreply
Mar 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed CS2 in a different folder than the one where cs was installed without uninstalling CS.

How do I move my CS options/settings/prferences/workspaces to the new environment of CS2?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MH
Mike Hyndman
Mar 5, 2006
wrote in message
I installed CS2 in a different folder than the one where cs was installed without uninstalling CS.

How do I move my CS options/settings/prferences/workspaces to the new environment of CS2?

There is no need to uninstall CS prior to installing CS2, or any other previous versions. In fact it is probably the best course of action to take, then, if the latest installation has problems you have a working version to fall back on. How difficult would it be to recreate all your prefs in CS2? This is the location for the CS2 settings ;
C:\Documents and Settings\"account name"\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings,
the CS seetings will be in a folder called;
C:\Documents and Settings\"account name"\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings. You could try swapping these folders over, but back up the ones you are replacing first and be prepared for possible compatability conflicts.

MH

AN
avdavid.noreply
Mar 8, 2006
Thanks. It seems that workspaces are stored in a different format, anyhow, I recreated
them.

But what about my actions? How do I move them from CS to CS2?
MH
Mike Hyndman
Mar 8, 2006
wrote in message
Thanks. It seems that workspaces are stored in a different format, anyhow, I recreated
them.

But what about my actions? How do I move them from CS to CS2?

They are .atn files, just copy the ones you want into the "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Photoshop Actions" folder.

MH

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections