S
Posted By
Skenzer
Mar 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is a little off the wall..but I just purchased a widescreen monitor and like to run it in a higher resolution then it’s native resolution.
In doing so, it of course makes things a bit stretched out…like a circle into an oblong shape.
That being said, is there anyway possible in PS CS2 to adjust a setting so that it compensates for this "stretched" out effect? I know…I know..I’m asking for too much, but it would be nice. 🙂 Brad

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
bmoag
Mar 3, 2006
Flat panels run at native resolution, period.
Everything else is a kludge that severely distorts or deteriorates the image, as you have discovered.
Some flat panels, including many laptop computer screens, are completely unreadable at anything other than native resolution.
With wide panels the problem is particularly limiting because of the non-standard length of the screen.
Why would you want to change the resolution anyway?
This will not improve the image you see in any way as it is what it is.
B
Brian
Mar 3, 2006
"bmoag" wrote in message
Flat panels run at native resolution, period.

The poster seems to be asking about aspect ratio. AutoCAD had (still does?) a parameter to change the aspect of a drawing. This didn’t affect the toobar, the OS, or anything other than the actual drawing inside the document frame. I don’t know if PS has this. I doubt it.

The easier solution is to probably buy a video card which supports the desired /widescreen/ resolution.

I’ve never tried to run a flat panel at higher-than-native resolution. So I’ll have to take you at your word about the quality.

Lower-than-native resolution is quite acceptable with a slight anti-aliasing effect. It actually
has its place in gaming. Sometimes it’s a forced mismatch during computer presentations. I wouldn’t want to work in Photoshop that way, tho!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections