Has anyone tried to use PE2 with Sony’s DSC-F828?

CS
Posted By
Chris_Sagare
Jan 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PE2 now and plan to get a Mac G-5 this month. In my search for a good digital camera I kinda liked the DSC-F828, but was worried it wouldn’t work with PE2 because of its RGBE sensor. Sony’s documentation states that their Real Imaging Processor CPU converts the RGB+E input to ideal RGB, so it should work, but I’d sure like some user confirmation.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jan 24, 2004
What the "E"?

Mac
CS
Chris_Sagare
Jan 24, 2004
PE2 = Photoshop Elements 2
BG
Byron Gale
Jan 24, 2004
Chris,

While I can’t be certain, it seems to me that Mac was asking about the "E" in "RGBE"… it’s got me wondering, too.

Byron
R
RobertHJones
Jan 24, 2004
In case you’re curious, here’s an article on the new sensor and RGBE: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0307/03071601sonyrgbeccd.asp

Bob

While I can’t be certain, it seems to me that Mac was asking about the "E" in "RGBE"… it’s got me wondering, too.

Byron

CS
Chris_Sagare
Jan 24, 2004
Oops, sorry about the E. In that case, E = emerald, and Bob’s suggestion to get more info at dpreview.com is a good one. If you go to: <http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/cameraDetail.php?cam=509>, it will direct you to other F828 review sites. Then there’s always the SONY site: www.sonystyle.com. That site states that their image download software is compatible with Mac OS operating systems thru 10.2, but their RAW download software is not Mac compatible. I think if I get an F828 and a Mac, I’ll only be able to download JPEG images to PE2. But I wanted to hear it from someone with similar equipment.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jan 24, 2004
Oops, sorry about the E. In that case, E = emerald

Sound like hype to moi.
Where’s the ruby and lapis lazuli to fill out the r and b? 🙂

Mac
EW
Ed_Wurster
Jan 24, 2004
wrote …
In case you’re curious, here’s an article on the new sensor and RGBE: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0307/03071601sonyrgbeccd.asp
Bob

While I can’t be certain, it seems to me that Mac was asking about the
"E"
in "RGBE"… it’s got me wondering, too.

Byron

On the page you linked to, I prefer the RGB picture to the RGBE.

How do you feel about it?

If you buy a camera that has RAW capability, and you can’t get at it, why buy the camera?

Ed
CS
Chris_Sagare
Jan 24, 2004
Good question, Ed. SONY says upgrades to their software will be able to process RAW images for Macs sometime next month. To me, at this point, the advantages of the camera outweigh the limitations. I like the size, 7X optical zoom, macro capability, USB 2.0 download, good quality build, memory flexibility and 8 Mp sensor. I don’t like noisy images above ISO 100, small buffer size and encrypted RAW software.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections