NG
Posted By
Nick_G_Walker
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I wish to transfer 17 keyword sets with detailed keyword lists from a Powerbook running MacOSX 10.3.5 to a G5 PowerMac G5 in order to save a couple hours of repetition at the keyboard.

I have searched high and low for the keyword data under –

users/library/application support/adobe/XMP – found my metadata templates but no keywords users/library/preferences/AdobePhotoshopCSSettings/ – located keywords.psp

Does anyone know where I will find my comprhensive keyword list as I am stumped?

Regards

Nick Walker

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NG
Nick_G_Walker
Aug 20, 2004
I copied the keywords.psp file from my Powerbook to PowerMac but keywords did not appear.

I have searched high and low for my keyword listings but can’t find where Adobe has decided to hide them?

Nick
NG
Nick_G_Walker
Aug 21, 2004
Sorted through trial and error.

Copying the keyword.psp pref file from one Mac to another has saved me re-typing some 200 keywords.

Nick
AR
Andrew Rodney
Aug 22, 2004
–>users/library/application support/adobe/XMP – found my metadata templates but no keywords

You’re close. Unfortunately you have to save out an XMP "templete" from EACH area in file info. Go into File Info to where you have your keywords (use a file) then on the little fly out triangle, click "save metadata templete." You should see it in the folder along with the other saved templates. Again, the issue is each separate pane has to have it’s own template.
NG
Nick_G_Walker
Aug 23, 2004
Andrew

Thanks for the reply.

The procedure I followed by copying the keywords.PSP file from my G4 and replacing it with the keyword PSP file on my new G5 (Freshly installed Photoshop CS) has succesfully transferred all 17 keyword folders which contain some 200 + keywords.

I have tested applying the keywords within the File Browser and touch wood everything is stable to date!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections