R
Posted By
Roberto
Aug 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Try creating it in Photoshop. Use the oval selection tool or the shape tool and draw out your oval. If you are using the selection tool with it on a new layer do Edit > Fill and choose the color you want. If using the shape tool make sure you have your color set and the draw out the oval shape.

R

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi,

I want to use a red ellipse in a composite image. The ellipse created in Powerpoint is beautifully smooth in that package but I paste it onto a tranparent background in PS it becomes very jagged.

Problem: how to apply anti-aliasing. The help in PS 5.5 says you specify
a
feather radius and the effects become apparent when you copy/paste or move the image. No luck yet; how can I do this to get a smooth ellipse on a transparent background??

Any help appreciated.

Dave

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
ben-dover
Aug 26, 2003
yep and then go to the layers menu and at the bottom select the black f looking icon and choose bevel and emboss if you want a cooler oval. "nospam" wrote in message
Try creating it in Photoshop. Use the oval selection tool or the shape
tool
and draw out your oval. If you are using the selection tool with it on a
new
layer do Edit > Fill and choose the color you want. If using the shape
tool
make sure you have your color set and the draw out the oval shape.
R

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi,

I want to use a red ellipse in a composite image. The ellipse created in Powerpoint is beautifully smooth in that package but I paste it onto a tranparent background in PS it becomes very jagged.

Problem: how to apply anti-aliasing. The help in PS 5.5 says you
specify
a
feather radius and the effects become apparent when you copy/paste or
move
the image. No luck yet; how can I do this to get a smooth ellipse on a transparent background??

Any help appreciated.

Dave

V
vizrosplugins
Aug 27, 2003
4 In the options bar, click the Create Filled Region button (), and set the following options:

Choose a layer blending mode from the Mode menu.
Specify a layer opacity using the Opacity text box or pop-up slider. Select Anti-aliased to blend the shape’s edge pixels with the surrounding pixels.
Set additional, tool-specific options. (See Setting shape tool options, Drawing with the pen tool, and Drawing with the freeform pen tool.)

Tony G. Smith
Vizros – Realistic 3D page curl plug-ins and more
Demo at http://www.vizros.com/gallery.html

"Dave" …
Hi,

Problem: how to apply anti-aliasing. The help in PS 5.5 says you specify a feather radius and the effects become apparent when you copy/paste or move the image. No luck yet; how can I do this to get a smooth ellipse on a transparent background??

Any help appreciated.

Dave

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections