R
Posted By
Rezmo
Feb 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve noticed that in some digital photos I shoot there appears a white outline or halo around the subject when it is in contrast with the background ie. a building with a sky b.g. I’ve been looking for a way to deal with this in PS (7). Anyone have any advice??

TIA,

Art Resnick
www.gOOsewOrksStudiO.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Pat
Feb 12, 2006
You might do better posting this over in something like
rec.photo.digital and see if you can correct it in the camera before it happens rather than correct it afterward.

Check you camera setting and see if you have your sharpness turned all of the way up. That might contribute to it.

The only thing I can think of quickly, would be to select your sky and paste it to a new layer on top of the original. Then expand it a few pixels and fill with the sky color. But I am sure that someone has a better idea than that.
H
Helen
Feb 12, 2006
"Rezmo" wrote in message
I’ve noticed that in some digital photos I shoot there appears a white outline or halo around the subject when it is in contrast with the background ie. a building with a sky b.g. I’ve been looking for a way to deal with this in PS (7). Anyone have any advice??
They’re oversharpened.
Sharpen off-camera, not in it. Sharpening algorithms in cameras are rarely adequate, and rarely as good as during post-processing using PhotoShop or similar. And sharpening should correctly be the *final* step, after levels, curves, whatever, and resizing, etc. Best of all, shoot RAW.
MH
Mike Hyndman
Feb 12, 2006
"Rezmo" wrote in message
Art,

See http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/qt/removeusmhalo. htm

MH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections