JF
Posted By
Jodi_Frye
Jan 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK people, if ya always wanted to turn your very own handwriting into a font( or symbols etc..) here is the place to go;

<http://www.fontifier.com/>

They featured this freebie site on ‘Call For Help’ and it’s been a really busy site all day…I was just now able to get on and download the template. All you do is follow the simple directions and soon you’ll be typing with pride 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 22, 2004
Jodi, if I made my handwriting into a font, it would rightly be placed with the Distort filters…. I learned to type because my handwriting was so bad!
🙂
TF
Terri_Foster
Jan 22, 2004
Jodi, I saw that today. Have you tried it out? If you did, how was the quality of the fonts you got back? I was wondering if they would be pixilated. It must be a pretty hot site tonight. I tried the link but only get the server is not available.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 22, 2004
well i got through and got my font but it’s pretty bad…..when typing some of the letters are really far apart from each other and despite the fact that each letter looks kind of nice on the template I submitted it looks like little kid writing when i type it out. …Oh well, I’m thinking it was fun to try it anyways. Maybe i’ll have my 5 year old daughter do one and have a souvenir of her handwriting in font….it will last forever!,,,yup, good idea. Maybe i’ll also do some symbols instead of letters….ya maybe.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 22, 2004
A friend of mine once developed a computer game, one of those dungeon and dragon types, by redefining fonts. Yes it was very early in the history of computers and graphics were not well understood, so he would have characters appear to walk by rotating through letters that now defined to look like character. All lots of fun and very creative considering the limited resources you had way back then. He ended up making enough money so he could take the next year off.

g.
LM
Lou_M
Jan 22, 2004
Yeah, the site’s still busy this morning.

Jodi, do you think your font looks jaggy because they’re treating the scanned GIF file as a black & white bitmap (no grayscale)? I wonder if anyone tried scanning just the template and editing the GIF with Elements (say, using a Wacom tablet to carefully write the text).

Grant, I’d gladly work overtime for a year to have a whole year off.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 22, 2004
Lou, the font isn’t jaggy but the spacing is ridiculous between the letters when typing so it makes it look like little kid writing.

Grant, that is a cool story !
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 22, 2004
Oh i had to tell ya…on the same show ( i think…may have been screen Savers ) Kenny Rogers was a guest…did ya all know he has become a Photoshop buff ? Ya…he put down his guitar and now he’s totally into computers and digital photography ( he has a collection of digital cameras and one of them is my Fuji 😉 )…He goes to exotic places and takes beautiful photographs and prints them up. He says he always had Epson printers but recently purchased Canon’s i900 …they showed his room with all his prints…nice ! He also talked about Photoshop and how he’s totally learning as much as he can about playing with pics in there. Is that cool or what ? Hey Grant, maybe we can get him to join the challenges ??? Would that be cool or what ? Btw, I had a crush on Kenny Rogers when i was little….12, 13 …ha ha ah…is that funny or what ?
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 22, 2004
Jodi,

He probably filled the niche of your former belief in Santa Claus!
DH
Dave Hamer
Jan 22, 2004
Jodi,

You having a crush on Kenny Rodgers is likely why he has one of your digital cameras. <G>
TF
Terri_Foster
Jan 22, 2004
Jodi, I saw him on one of the shows about shooting digital. They mentioned he was shooting with a 12 or 14 megapixel camera.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 22, 2004
Nancy, na, I’ve always had a thing for older men…my hub is the youngest i’ve ever been with 😉

Terri, he can afford it. 🙂
PD
Pete_D
Jan 22, 2004
Jodi,

In MS Word and many other word processor programs you can change the character spacing to condensed (or expanded) and that may help. If you are not familiar with it you can find it by highlighting the text and then select "format/font/ character spacing is the center folder".

Pete
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 22, 2004
Thanks Pete, ya i was wondering if I was being an idiot again…was thinking there had to be a way to fix the spacing…however…not all the letters come out far apart from each other while typing…some do and some don’t. i looked over my template and all the letters are in fact centered so i’m thinking it’s just a cheap proggy for a reason 😉
CR
Chris_Rankin
Jan 22, 2004
Did it work in PSE?

CR
RB
Ralph_Brannon
Jan 22, 2004
I while back I got an inexpensive program called: yourHANDWRITING 2.0. by data becker. <http://www.databecker.com>
I makes a true type font, and does it very well.
There are two ways do it, one where you scan in some letters of the alphabet on a form they supply. And it figures out the rest. Or… best is the entire alphabet, and it makes the font. You can tweak it for spacing etc.
You can print letters, etc. with it, but don’t forget, unless someone else’s computer has intstalled your font, it won’t work.
There is a way , thru a Microsoft service I think, where you can put it on like a webpage or a blog. I have it written down somewhere.
Oh well….
For what it’s worth,
Ralph
<http://www.darkstar.us>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections