K
Posted By
klmhicks
Aug 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
<FONT FACE="Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=’font-size:12.0px’>Sony has yet to help me with this problem and I am very frustrated at this point, so I come to you.<BR>
<BR>
I have an Sony Artisan that is 2 months old that will not calibrate. It gets to 3/4 of the &#8220;pie&#8221; completed and gives me an error: &#8220;Display must be on for at least 1 hour, do not change the lighting, etc….&#8221;<BR>
<BR>
Sony has sent me a new calibrator and cables with no success.<BR> <BR>
I have changed and moved the USB cables, no virus protection software running, disconnected other USB devices. I have downloaded and reinstalled the software thinking it may be the CD software, this doesn&#8217;t help either. System Profiler sees all USB connections and the display itself.<BR>
<BR>
G4 733<BR>
OS 10.3.5<BR>
Artisan Sony calibrating software 1.2.5<BR>
<BR>
Any help would be greatly appreciated,<BR>
Kathy<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Aug 18, 2004
Kathy,

Some time back, I had the Artisan connected to an older 530MHz G4 upgraded "Frankenmac" and I had a very similar problem. It also affected the ColorVision Spyder, which I had been using for my second monitor.

Ultimately, the problem was traced to mismatched RAM modules. The individual RAM sticks were OK, but they didn’t play well together.

The consensus was that mismatched RAM, bad or improperly seated RAM, or an incompatible or defective graphics (video) display card can cause the problem.
K
klmhicks
Aug 18, 2004
Rámon

What did you do to fix the problem. There is an issue with RAM in the 733 not playing well together but individually they are fine.

It sounds like I need to remove all but 1 stick and try it from there. How can I tell if the graphics card is good bad or ugly? It seems to be fine and recognized by the profiler.

Thanks, who would have thunk it!
K
R
Ram
Aug 18, 2004
What did you do to fix the problem.

Got three brand new RAM modules (the computer had three slots) and a new display card.
K
klmhicks
Aug 18, 2004
Thanks Ramón, I tried these to no avail and then I switched from Input 1 to Input 2 via the cable and front panel and it worked like a charm, I guess I have a bad Input 1 port.

K

What did you do to fix the problem.

Got three brand new RAM modules (the computer had three slots) and a new display card.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections