Posted By
jav
Jan 31, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whenever I start Photoshop CS2 I get an error message:

"This application has failed to start because DICELib.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

I reinstalled CS2 using the "Repair" option and I still get this message on startup. Anyone have an idea on how to
fix this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 31, 2006
"jav" wrote in message

"This application has failed to start because DICELib.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

I reinstalled CS2 using the "Repair" option and I still get this message on startup. Anyone have an idea on how to
fix this?
Jav, are you using an Epson scanner?

MH
J
jav
Jan 31, 2006
Yes, about 2 months ago I installed an Epson 4990.

"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message
"jav" wrote in message

fix this?
Jav, are you using an Epson scanner?

MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 31, 2006
"jav" wrote in message
Ha Haa,

Did it come with software called Silverfish? If so this needs to be uninstalled and the Epson software reinstalled.
You could also try doing a search for Diclb.* (Dicelb dot star) It may be in a folder called i386 on your hard drive under the name of Dicelb.dl_ If there is a folder i386 containing the file on your hard drive, let me have the full path name, e.g C:\Windows\386 or similar (need to know to tell you how to extract it.)
HTH
MH
J
jav
Jan 31, 2006
There is a program called SilverFAST which is installed. When I go to control panel for "Add/Delete Programs" it is listed as "Silverfast Epson SE-Twain".
I’m concerned about removing it because I believe the Twain driver is necessary
for interfacing the Epson scanner. I did a search of my C: drive for Dicelb.*
and it came up negative.

"jav" wrote in message
Ha Haa,

Did it come with software called Silverfish? If so this needs to be uninstalled and the Epson software reinstalled.
You could also try doing a search for Diclb.* (Dicelb dot star) It may be in a folder called i386 on your hard drive under the name of Dicelb.dl_ If there is a folder i386 containing the file on your hard drive, let me have the full path name, e.g C:\Windows\386 or similar (need to know to tell you how to extract it.)
HTH
MH
J
jav
Jan 31, 2006
Mike, I figured out the problem. The DICELib.dll file has to do with Digital ICE, a defect correction algorithm in the Epson software.

I removed all Epson software from the hard drive, reinstalled and then downloaded the latest TWAIN driver from the Epson site. That seems to have solved the problem. I’m not getting the error message when I start CS2.

Thanks for your kind assistance. Drew

"jav" wrote in message
Ha Haa,

HTH
MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 31, 2006
"jav" wrote in message
There is a program called SilverFAST which is installed. When I go to control panel for "Add/Delete Programs" it is listed as "Silverfast Epson SE-Twain".
I’m concerned about removing it because I believe the Twain driver is necessary
for interfacing the Epson scanner. I did a search of my C: drive for Dicelb.*
and it came up negative.
Jav,

Of course I meant Silverfast, the Twain driver is neccesary for the operation of your scanner but did your scanner not also come with Epson scanner installation software? The fixes I have seen for this problem is to uninstall the Silverfast and reinstall the original Epson software. For more info see the discussion at the following link
http://www.silverfast.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12710&hi ghlight=#12710.

HTH
Mike H
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 31, 2006
"jav" wrote in message
Mike, I figured out the problem. The DICELib.dll file has to do with Digital ICE, a defect correction algorithm in the Epson software.
I removed all Epson software from the hard drive, reinstalled and then downloaded the latest TWAIN driver from the Epson site. That seems to have solved the problem. I’m not getting the error message when I start CS2.

Thanks for your kind assistance. Drew

Drew? What have you done with Jav? 😉

No problemo, glad you’ve sorted the problem.

Regards

Mike H

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections