BG
Posted By
Byron Gale
Jan 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Why do people do things like this? (or, for that matter, why do people pass on the URL?)

http://www.nobodyhere.com/toren.hier

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 21, 2004
Here is another one,
<http://fun.from.hell.pl/2003-11-24/bubblewrap.swf> My 3 year old grandson loves them.
Maybe too its the challenge of making them, for somebody who has a lot of extra time on their hands.
Very silly yes.
Jane
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 21, 2004
Byron, because they can ! No telling what I’d be doing if I learned flash….that is flash isn’t it ?
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 21, 2004
If you go to nobody.com and select english you can navigate through a labyrinith of links. It’s quite a fascinating project that he’s created. I have no idea how they do this. Jodi, Flash in your hands…? That’d be interesting to see what you’d come up with.
SR
Schraven_Robert
Jan 21, 2004
nobodythere is Dutch.

Robert
R
Ray
Jan 21, 2004
www.perdu.com

(lost.com, when translated in English)

Translation of the text "Lost on the Internet? Don’t panic, we’ll help you. You are here")

Talk about a total lost of server space / bandwidth!

Ray
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 21, 2004
Looked at his whole site, verrrrrryyyy clever.
Jane
S
Spider
Jan 22, 2004
I don’t know. WHY DID YOU pass it on?

<Byron Gale> wrote in message
Why do people do things like this? (or, for that matter, why do people
pass
on the URL?)

http://www.nobodyhere.com/toren.hier

SR
Schraven_Robert
Jan 22, 2004
Jane,

That is what I thought too.
After a while however you wonder where it all is heading towards. I tried finding a hidden message but couldn’t find one.

Robert
LM
Lou_M
Jan 22, 2004
Robert,

It’s interactive performance art. It’s supposed to make you think about how you spend your idle time. 🙂

Lou
SR
Schraven_Robert
Jan 22, 2004
Lou,

Funny you should say that as I was thinking that about the person who made the programme. 🙂

Robert
LM
Lou_M
Jan 22, 2004
Robert,

So is he evil or just bored?

Lou.
SR
Schraven_Robert
Jan 22, 2004
Lou,

Neither I would think.
I would say a touch of a philosopher mixed with a game host and a lot of knowledge on how to make a web site.
What makes you think he/she is evil?

Robert
LM
Lou_M
Jan 22, 2004
Robert,

Oh, I didn’t think he was evil. Those just seemed like the two extremes. I guess I’m just too practical to create a web site that, uh, does nothing. 🙂

Sorta like replying to a message with a single "." — the person thinks "What does this mean?" "What have I done?" "Who is this for?" "What was s/he thinking?" And maybe that’s intentional (philosopher) and maybe not (evil, perhaps). Or . . .

Lou
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 22, 2004
wrote in message
Robert,

" I guess I’m just too practical to create a web site that, uh, does nothing. :-)"

Ah but most web sites do nothing. Just most are not as blatent about it 😉

Grant
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 22, 2004
‘Does nothing?’ Not in my opinion. I found it very interesting, entertaining and a little thought provoking. It’s definitely different. And it is fascinating to see what this program ‘Flash’ can do. Also, I like the weirdness of some of his ideas.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 22, 2004
Here is another one. the site is in Chinese but once you figure out the big button is the one to press here are the instructions. Oh it took me a long time to figure it out so see if you can beat my time of about two minutes.

The mum cannot stay with the boys, the DAD cannot stay with the girls, the Thief cannot stay with any of the family without the policeman. And only Mum, DAD and the policeman know how to paddle…they all want to cross the river. This is an IQ test from a Chinese company. to start, press the big blue button, press on the person or on the red knob to move the person or the boat respectively. (Go to the link below)
http://smallcampus.net/html/maths_games/2001-05-03/riverIQGa me.swf

Grant
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 22, 2004
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I should have mentioned in my last post considering it has Chinese roots.&nbsp; Today is the start of&nbsp;Chinese is New Years.&nbsp; It is the year of the Monkey</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>If you are born in the Year of the Monkey, you are very intelligent, well-liked by everyone, and will have success in any field you choose. <BR><BR>Famous people born in the Year Of The Monkey: Sacha Distel, Elisabeth Taylor, Omar Sherif, Jimmy Page, Roger Daltrey, George Lucasand Grant Dixon</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>g.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 22, 2004
Dragons eat Monkeys 😉

Animal Planet…tonight 9pm est ….your chinese zodiak …uncover your true spirit ! Find out who you are.
SR
Schraven_Robert
Jan 22, 2004
Grant,

isn’t that the same riddle as the one with the sheep, the wolf and the fox(?) that need to be shipped across a stream but cannot be in the same boat and cannot be together with out the man?

Robert
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 22, 2004
If you appreciate complete nonsense:
<http://www.rathergood.com/>
Much of the graphics can be done in Elements too 😉

Leen
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 22, 2004
Thanks

Grant…That took me a looong time to figure out. I’m not even sure if I could repeat it. Well, at least I figured it out. I considered drowning or abandoning one of them but there didn’t seem to be that option.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 22, 2004
wrote in message
If you appreciate complete nonsense:

Leen

The Uber Pea!!!!!!!

g.
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 23, 2004
Not a waste of time, but real photoshop.
< http://www.worth1000.com/cache/gallery/contestcache.asp?cont est_id=172>

Leen
SK
Shan_Ko
Jan 23, 2004
Grant,

You must read better Chinese than I do. I can’t seem to get a handle on the game. May be the IQ test candidates are able to read into the Chinese script some kind of sub-text that escapes me. 🙁

In additon to the virtues you noted, cdrtain manifestations of Monkey persons may also incline towards aggression, avarice and lasciviousness, especially in the male of the species. 😉

Shan
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 23, 2004
"incline towards aggression, avarice and lasciviousness, especially in the male of the species"

Nope none of those big words are in me … what ever they mean … but at this age of my I best get started on the lasciviousness if there is any getting to be had.

g.
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 23, 2004
Leen,

What a fascinating site. I wasn’t sure when I saw Bestiality at the top but the images belied that title.

Dick
SR
Schraven_Robert
Jan 23, 2004
Leen,

Quite a site.
I have to go back there to have a better look at more.

Robert
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 23, 2004
I particularly love the fairy tales.Typical British sense of humour, a little touch of Monty Python.

Leen
GW
greg_wallis
Jan 23, 2004
is the chinese site really possible….can only fit 2 people on the boat at once or am i just missing something ……or plain stupid!
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 23, 2004
Greg it is very possible but a tad difficult. If you end me your email address to the challenge then I will send you the solution. Don’t want to post it so as to spoil it for everyone else.

Grant
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 23, 2004
Grant, re; chinese zodiak ( Animal Planet special last night)…we are of the ‘passion’ signs;

Monkey
Rat
Dragon

Apparently dragons dont eat monkeys afterall. we are compatible.

My kids;
daughter=tiger
Son=snake
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 23, 2004
Greg,

I’m not going to tell you how long I spent on solving that Chinese puzzle. The cool thing about it is that it seems impossible yet there really is a solution.

I got to the point where I’ve memorized the solution and can repeat it without any mistakes. ‘A complete waste of time.’

Grant,

Give him a hint before you give him the solution. Greg, You can email me for a hint.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections