J
Posted By
janno
Jan 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to purchase some photo editing software, but I’m not sure what the best tool for the job is.

What I need is basically this:

I take/have images of rooms, chambers, halls, etc with some art objects, paintings, statues, etc…

First, I need to remove some of those objects, take another picture (for ex. a painting) and paste this into the picture of the room, like it’s naturally attached to the wall.
Sometimes, the walls are in perspective, so I also need to be able to transform that picture of the new painting so it looks kinda natural in place.

So wich software tool is recommended to do all this?
I guess PhotoShop can handle all of this (and much more), but there is also the pricetag issue ;-). And I need a lot of licenses. Can PS live up to these expectations, or anything else that best fits my needs?

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me!

Regards,
Paul.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MH
Mark Herring
Jan 23, 2004
On 23 Jan 2004 03:33:32 -0800, (Paul Eggermont)
wrote:

I need to purchase some photo editing software, but I’m not sure what the best tool for the job is.

I take/have images of rooms, chambers, halls, etc with some art objects, paintings, statues, etc…

First, I need to remove some of those objects, take another picture (for ex. a painting) and paste this into the picture of the room, like it’s naturally attached to the wall.
Sometimes, the walls are in perspective, so I also need to be able to transform that picture of the new painting so it looks kinda natural in place.

I guess PhotoShop can handle all of this (and much more), but there is also the pricetag issue ;-). And I need a lot of licenses. Can PS live up to these expectations, or anything else that best fits my needs?

Regards,
Paul.
Photoshop does all this.

If cost is an issue, you might consider "the GIMP"—free and available for both Linux ans Windows.

I have not used it much, but I think is has the basic functionality you are looking for.
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".
TC
Tony Cooper
Jan 24, 2004
wrote:

This is fairly basic stuff with Photoshop, but it seems the price tag is overkill for what you want. If PS Elements has layers and free transform, it would be an inexpensive route. I’ve never seen Elements, though. You need something like free transform to skew the new picture to the right perspective.

I have Corel’s "Essentials" which has Photo-Paint 9. I’ve never used Photo-Paint 9 since I use PhotoShop 7, but it might do the trick. Corel sell Essentials 2 for $80, and cheaper legitimate versions may be available on eBay. Check in a Corel newsgroup with your same question.
EA
eLeMEnTS ArTZ newbie
Jan 24, 2004
if you have a small budget, you might wanna go for earlier versions of PS. they can all handle the task you mention before. when i mean earlier version i maen v5 or v5.5. but even if you find this an expensive solution you might wanna give a look at Paint Shop Pro (cheap image editing soulution yet powerful) or even the Gimp (free image editing solution but also powerful but the problem with gimp is that i dont really like the workspace)…

"Mark Herring" wrote in message
wrote:

Regards,
Paul.
Photoshop does all this.

If cost is an issue, you might consider "the GIMP"—free and available for both Linux ans Windows.

I have not used it much, but I think is has the basic functionality you are looking for.
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".
J
janno
Jan 31, 2004
Tony Cooper …
wrote:

This is fairly basic stuff with Photoshop, but it seems the price tag is overkill for what you want. If PS Elements has layers and free transform, it would be an inexpensive route. I’ve never seen Elements, though. You need something like free transform to skew the new picture to the right perspective.

I have Corel’s "Essentials" which has Photo-Paint 9. I’ve never used Photo-Paint 9 since I use PhotoShop 7, but it might do the trick. Corel sell Essentials 2 for $80, and cheaper legitimate versions may be available on eBay. Check in a Corel newsgroup with your same question.

Hey Guys, thanks for the advice!
Photoshop Elements seems fine for what I need it, and it costs only 85,- Euro, so I think I’m gonna go with that, although Corel Essentials seems great also.

Again, thanks!
Paul.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections