R
Posted By
Rabid
Jan 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a good question…how about if someone takes multiple photos of a room and wants to put them all together as one image, I get the basic idea of how to do it, but what about if color is off on one photo or the angle is wrong? How do you get that line to "not" appear down the center of the images after they are put together? Is there a tutorial on this sort of thing? I have Total Training but not on disc 2 yet.
Thanks everyone

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

K
Kingdom
Jan 22, 2006
"Jo" wrote in news:ewMAf.380$%:

I have a good question…how about if someone takes multiple photos of a room and wants to put them all together as one image, I get the basic idea of how to do it, but what about if color is off on one photo or the angle is wrong? How do you get that line to "not" appear down the center of the images after they are put together? Is there a tutorial on this sort of thing? I have Total Training but not on disc 2 yet. Thanks everyone

Just use panorama software, ps can do it but its crap get something like Canon photstich, Software deals with colour matching, contrast etc.

24 hours in a day … 24 beers in a case … coincidence?
R
Rabid
Jan 22, 2006
Panorama software can be used even if I didnt use a panoramic camrea to take the shots? I was actaully wondering if I can accomplish what I need to do in Photoshop CS2 without having to purchase more software.
Thanks
"Kingdom" wrote in message
"Jo" wrote in news:ewMAf.380$%:

I have a good question…how about if someone takes multiple photos of a room and wants to put them all together as one image, I get the basic idea of how to do it, but what about if color is off on one photo or the angle is wrong? How do you get that line to "not" appear down the center of the images after they are put together? Is there a tutorial on this sort of thing? I have Total Training but not on disc 2 yet. Thanks everyone

Just use panorama software, ps can do it but its crap get something like Canon photstich, Software deals with colour matching, contrast etc.

N
No-One
Jan 22, 2006
In CS2 Go to "File", then "Automate" then "Photomerge".

JJS

Jo wrote:
I have a good question…how about if someone takes multiple photos of a room and wants to put them all together as one image, I get the basic idea of how to do it, but what about if color is off on one photo or the angle is wrong? How do you get that line to "not" appear down the center of the images after they are put together? Is there a tutorial on this sort of thing? I have Total Training but not on disc 2 yet.
Thanks everyone

K
Kingdom
Jan 23, 2006
"Jo" wrote in news:DSMAf.420$%:

Panorama software can be used even if I didnt use a panoramic camrea to take the shots? I was actaully wondering if I can accomplish what I need to do in Photoshop CS2 without having to purchase more software. Thanks
"Kingdom" wrote in message
"Jo" wrote in
news:ewMAf.380$%:

Yes you can stich in CS but have a look here
http://www.panoramas.dk/quicktime/

DG
Dave G
Jan 31, 2006
"Jo" wrote in message
I have a good question…how about if someone takes multiple photos of a room and wants to put them all together as one image, I get the basic idea of how to do it, but what about if color is off on one photo or the angle
is
wrong? How do you get that line to "not" appear down the center of the images after they are put together? Is there a tutorial on this sort of thing? I have Total Training but not on disc 2 yet.
Thanks everyone
I’ve had pretty good luck with Autostitch
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

It’s free and there’s a short learning curve

Dave G (lurker)
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 31, 2006
Jo,

The line is usually caused by slight differences in exposure if the camera used is set to auto expose and or parallax. You need to take a light reading from a few points around the room to obtain an average and if the camera supports manual control, set the aperture and shutter to suit. Parallax (an apparent change in the position of an object, caused by a change in position that provides a new line of sight e.g. hold your thumb out at arms length, close your right eye and cover an object’s view with your thumb. Then open your right eye, close your left and the object will have appeared to move. ).is a little more difficult to correct and is caused because the optical centre of the lens is almost never above the tripod mounting bush.

see http://www.tawbaware.com/maxlyons/index.html and
http://www.tawbaware.com

for tips, software etc.,

HTH
MH

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections