Posted By
SANO
Jan 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
In PS 7.0 – When I try to save a psd or tiff file to a jpg larger than 200 ppi I get this error and it fails to properly save the jpeg file so it won’t open in anything, including, PS.
I have tried every basic thing but can’t figure it out. Something is not letting me save the files, which are
12" x 12" 300 ppi psd files that I need to save the same only as a jpeg. I have reinstalled PS 7, recreated the working files, tried saving every different way but all it will do is let me save them at 200ppi. I used to not have this problem!
Any help?
Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 18, 2006
Sano,

Only seen this problem if you are trying to save with layers or alpha channels. As you know they are not supported in the jpg format.

MH
S
SANO
Jan 18, 2006
"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message
Sano,

Only seen this problem if you are trying to save with layers or alpha channels. As you know they are not supported in the jpg format.
MH
When you save as a jpg, the layer channels grays out, not an option. Either way,
I merge all layers in the psd file.
Not sure what alpha channels are?
It’s strange that I’m limited to 200 ppi.
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 18, 2006
Sano,

Masks for one.

Wierd, I’d take this problem to the Adobe forum,
click on the link below,

http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

then choose your programme from the list on the left , in your case Photoshop & Adobe Photoshop (make sure you select the correct O/S) and register to join the forum.

MH
S
SANO
Jan 19, 2006
Sano,

Masks for one.

Wierd, I’d take this problem to the Adobe forum,
click on the link below,

http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

then choose your programme from the list on the left , in your case Photoshop & Adobe Photoshop (make sure you select the correct O/S) and register to join the forum.

MH
I will, thanks. I’m starting to think that there is a problem with my whole adobe set-up.
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 19, 2006
I will, thanks. I’m starting to think that there is a problem with my whole
adobe set-up.
Sano,

Dump your prefs file. Restart PS with the shift+control+alt keys held down.

HTH
Mike H
S
SCRUFF
Jan 19, 2006
I will, thanks. I’m starting to think that there is a problem with my whole
adobe set-up.
Sano,

Dump your prefs file. Restart PS with the shift+control+alt keys held
down.

Naw, didn’t work. Thanks for the suggestion. I was sure hoping that was it, lol.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections