Posted By
Sheila_Menezes
Aug 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone:)

I am in the process of purchasing a G5 and I wonder if anyone has suggestions on the optimum specs to include or upgrade to on the G5, for Photoshop CS to run dynamite fast. And do you think that some things offered on the G5 are unecessary and a waste of money?

Also, any opinions on which apple cinema display is best? Are the 20, 23 and 30 all comparable for color correction? Thanks!

Sheila

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LRK
Aug 16, 2004
Glad you started this thread Sheila. I’ll be following along with interest also.
P
progress
Aug 16, 2004
well if you just run PS on it’s own then going past the 3gb of ram mark is pointless, because PS won’t utilise more than 2gb of ram and no-one has come up with a suggestion of how to get around that.

So fastest processor/s, 2.5-3gb of ram, bloody fast hard drive in addition to the main because you want your PS scratch on a seperate physical disk to the OS’s swap space. Whether a fast drive for the OS makes a difference to PS is something i’m not too knowledgeable about.

Ram requirements depend on what you do and need but thats the roof so to speak.
SM
Sheila_Menezes
Aug 16, 2004
Thanks for that info. It sounds like getting the dual processor at 2.5 GHZ and the 2 – 250GB hard drives is the best bet. The traditional adage "faster is better" appears to apply here:) If I run PS off one of the hard drives, and OSX off of the other, then I’ll get the optimum performance, right? That helps to know.

I also wonder if the G5 "graphics card" options are important factors to consider when processing images through Photoshop….any suggestions?

Thanks!
GB
g_ballard
Aug 16, 2004
<http://macgurus.com/guides/photoshopguide.php>

What type, size files do you work on?

How many layers?

How many of those layers have Effects or Adjustment Layers?

Is price not any matter to you?
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 16, 2004
Sheila,

Running multiple hard drives in a fast RAID setup (not cheap!) is very fast — Apple has some OEM options here. And make sure that you also have a large backup hard drive (at least FireWire 800 or USB 2).

Make sure that the RAM you purchase is matched specifically to YOUR computer. Do not skimp with cheap no-name RAM. For example, Kingston makes RAM that meets Apple’s specs and is electronically matched to your computer model. Don’t settle for less. Steer clear of "free RAM" upgrades from dealers unless they are willing to give you EXACTLY what you need. Tell ’em to give you a couple of spindles of name brand CDs or DVDs instead. (And steer clear of generic storage media, too). RAM is the fastest way for your computer to juggle information.

The 30" Apple monitor may be overkill. But you certainly should look at the 23" display. Or maybe a pair of them. Or maybe a 23" and a 20". And make sure that you get good calibrator and update your calibration at least monthly.

Also look into a fast (52x) CD burner and/or fast dual layer DVD burner for backups and file transmittals.

And yes. Photoshop CS will keep you happy for a long time. At least until "Son of CS" is released. <vbg>

Neil
GB
g_ballard
Aug 16, 2004
"Son of CS"

What have you heard, Neil???
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 16, 2004
g,

If I tell you, I will have to kill you. <lol>

Actually, I’ve heard nothing, g. But we all know that the Adobe gnomes are always working on the next iteration of Photoshop.

Neil
GB
g_ballard
Aug 16, 2004
a fast (52x) CD burner

BTW, how do DVDs writers burn so fast?

My 4x DVD writes 4.4 GB in (what 13?) minutes?

Thats 6ea 700 MB CDs in 13 minutes!
That’s gotta be way faster than 52x?

I just bought an 8x Pioneer DVDR.
Anyone ever seen 8x DVD-R disks?

What’s up with that???
GB
g_ballard
Aug 17, 2004
the Adobe gnomes

Does that mean Jeff and Bruce are already there?
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 17, 2004
g,

Ya keep reading too much into this! <lol>

I mention a 52x (or faster) CD-burner for speed and convenience in this popular medium. But dual layer DVD-burners are just coming onto the market and I think it will be a few months before the drives and recording media are readily available and quasi-reasonably priced.

Neil
SM
Sheila_Menezes
Aug 17, 2004
Thanks g and Neil:)

Regarding file sizes: I am at the beginning of a career in commercial photography and given the speed at which digital imaging is going I am attempting to set my computer system up for larger files in the future. I currently own a g4 laptop (the "original" 500mhz, 30GB HD with 768 RAM), but the display went completely kaputt two days ago, throwing me into this search for a new computer, and a desktop at that. I predict large file sizes,and I like to play around with adjustment layers, less so effects, unless all the filters are considered effects?? my main issue right now is quickly processing over 500 raw files at a time, converting them quickly to psd’s or tiff’s to, once again quickly, edit.

great, informational link to mac gurus,g …
this link is a good article regarding dvd versus cd burn speeds: < http://peripherals.about.com/cs/cddvdcdwriters/bb/aabybcdwri ter.htm>

and neil, I did think the 30inch was overkill…I’d be happy with 20 or 23, (I’d be happy with any display at this moment!!) I heard a rumor that 20 inch was better at maintaining color accuracy after calibration, not sure if that’s true, or if it’s simply a factor of the 23 inch being the new kid on the block and talked less about. Good advice on the RAM. After reading that macgurus article (above link from g) it seems like more RAM will allow PS to work without even touching the scratch disk which appears to be a good thing.

oh, and money is an issue,as always, but I’m trying to make an "investment" for my future business, I’m prone to like technical toys so all this advice is good to keep me rational about buying a new system.

Thanks!
GB
g_ballard
Aug 17, 2004
I predict large file sizes, and I like to play around with adjustment
layers,

Here, 1-GB, 50-layer, 16-bit files could be considered small.

What do you plan to work on?
Maybe some G5 owner who works on your type files can input.

If you need to shave off $1000 or so:

I would not skimp on the monitor in any case (a 21" CRT and Puck (maybe Sony Artisian?) over a 23" LCD) not that there’s anything wrong with LCD other that expensive.
A lower end G5 maxed on ram over a top G5 and short ram.

Definately a second internal HD, deticated Scratch volume)…
GB
g_ballard
Aug 17, 2004
PS: I’d be really happy with a 30"
AW
Allen_Wicks
Aug 17, 2004
Sheila-

You will be "investing" forever, so it is not necessarily best to get everything at once. IMO the top G5 is ideal, not overkill for what you describe. I would add the second ATA drive option and partition half of each drive to configure a RAID 0 drive setup (you may need tech help with the configuring, but it is worth it). Add two 1-GB DIMMS of quality non-Apple RAM to the lame 2×256 Apple provides. More than 3 GB of RAM is useless now, but you are likely to want all 8 RAM slots filled with GB DIMMs for some future OS, so only buy the 1-GB size DIMMS (you must buy DIMMS in pairs). For monitors I would suggest two 20" or one 23" depending on your work space and budget, but even one 20" ain’t bad, and you can add on later. The price of monitors and RAM both fall over time.
JM
Jelle_Mellema
Aug 17, 2004
As a commercial photographer get a 20 or 23-inch LCD screen, you won’t have any saying about the print work (read color accuracy) in magazines and other print work of your work used in ads. So why look all day at a CRT, when you can have a LCD that’s much nicer for the eyes.
P
progress
Aug 17, 2004
g- ot but…48 speed burns a cd in about 2 mins, so yes you can burn 6 cd’s in 13 mins…:)

8x dvdr disks are around, as are the dual layer ones now…not cheap…the DL dvds are about 20x the price of a normal one.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Aug 17, 2004
G,

Bruce is in Scottland on vacation.

PS Alpha is in progress …

Um, what else do I know?

That’s a good question.
RB
Richard_BRackin
Aug 17, 2004
We’re about to place orders for the Dual 2.5GHz G5’s here, too.

My suggestion would be to contact Apple and see what they’re options are on faster hard drives. One thing stood out like a sore thumb to me is that if you order from the Apple online store, they only offer 7200 RPM SATA drives.
I have nothing against SATA, but only offering 7200 RPM hard drives is just nuts.

I just talked to MacMall and they’ve got 1000 dual 2.5GHz on order. Luckily, they’re gonna configure our machines the way we always get them … 3 Ultra-160 SCSI 10,000 RPM hard drives.

They should also offer a ‘speed’ option with 10- or 15,000 RPM drives.
AW
Allen_Wicks
Aug 17, 2004
Richard-

What is the cost premium for a pair of ultra SCSI drives? And can you really order _three_ drives in a configuration? I thought the current G5 box architecture (space, power supply, heat dissipation, etc.) only permitted two drives.

I agree a BTO higher speed option would be nice, but IMO 2 x 250 GB is adequate for on board capacity.
SM
Sheila_Menezes
Aug 18, 2004
Richard-

Are you buying a large number of G5’s? Would they configure just one machine? I suppose I can call and find that out :). My main turn off right now is the time that it takes to get a 2.5ghz because IBM wasn’t prepared for the demand. However, knowing that i cannot get the new computer that I want tomorrow, I am doing more research into the specs, and that’s is always a good thing.

And, I am curious about the cooling on those fast drives…still liquid cooling?

Cheers!
Sheila
RB
Richard_BRackin
Aug 18, 2004
You know, I just looked and noticed the title of the thread said ‘Photography’ and not ‘Printing’…. oops… sorry.
However, you’re obviously planning on ordering some horsepower with the G5 you may as well go full bore. 🙂
My setup is more or less for ‘large file’ pre-press and also ‘large file’ design work. 2 big hard drives would probably be plenty and depending on the size of your files, 7200 may be ok. … but faster drives are soooo much nicer as long as noise and heat dissipation are not a problem. They’re kind of loud and they run pretty hot.

Allen, as you know, a few years ago these fast SCSI drives that cost $1200 each are now down to about $5- or $600 now. Some Ultra 320 SCSI controllers are nearly in that price range, too.

While I’ve got to keep an eye on the price tag – I have a budget to work with – I know I’m getting dual 2.5GHz … a lot of RAM … and 2 (or 3) fast, fast hard drives … and Gigabit ethernet.
Those four things are all I care about. ..no modem, no airport, no special gaming graphics cards, nothing else except the extended AppleCare.

I’m comfortable with these SCSI drives and we’ve only lost two in the last 3 or 4 (or 5 ?) years….out of TONS of hard drives. All our servers use the same as our workstations, RIPS, etc. We’ve had the 80GB Atlas 10KII and 120GB (I think) 10KIII series, BTW.

I’ve gotta admit, the 39160 Adaptecs may yield to the ATTO SCSI cards with macs from now on. The Adaptecs seemed quicker, but a few years ago, when I talked to them, they had one guy writing mac drivers. He was nice, but he may be gone by now.

That’s interesting about the lack of space for additional hard drives. We have always ordered three drives in our other machines. I’m a little worried about the space in the G5 … they don’t have room for 3 drives? I’ve gotta check that out.
I always set the macs up as: HD1- System, Apps HD-2 – Main File Storage and secondary scratch disk HD-3 Photoshop Scratch disk and other Temp File Storage.

I don’t really like the idea of having only 2 hard drives .. no matter what their size. But the times they are a changin’ I guess.

Sheila – We’re not buying a ton of G5’s.
MacMall will configure one machine any way you like it. I have done that in the past with them. They’re used to doing that so it’s no big deal. I don’t work for MacMall and I am not paid to promote MacMall, BTW.
Just email one of the sales guys your configuration (apple part numbers are helpful) and he can pop back a price. The customization only takes a couple extra days at most…Usually only one extra day.
The guy said they’ve got 1000 on order and he said don’t hold your breath for a rumored August 20th delivery date. Get your order in early ’cause it’s gonna be first come, first serve.
RB
Richard_BRackin
Aug 18, 2004
For what it’s worth, here’s the SCSI setup I’m gonna go with. I chose the card and the drives I’ll buy.

I’m going Ultra 320 SCSI and I’ve decided on the ATTO Express PCI UL4D Ultra 320 card. List price is $540 give or take a few bucks.
<http://www.attotech.com/ultra4d.html>

It’s a 3.3v/5v PCI-X card.

It has strong support for the G5. <http://www.attotech.com/press/pressattog5support.html>

It’s little brother (UL4S) is documented to be among the few cards that actually work with the G5. < http://www.robgalbraith.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp ;Number=253228&Main=252918>
Actually, at the bottom of that page, the guy has a friend that works at Adaptec and he told him to go with ATTO cards.

According to a post here, as of July 30, Adaptec no longer supports SCSI cards on macs. < http://www.highend.com/community/showthreaded.php?Cat=0& Number=252&Main=252>

Also, according to the Dantz site, the stock Ultra 320 SCSI card that Apple uses shows up as an LSI card. LSILogic makes fine cards but everyone seems to recommend ATTO cards.

After some looking around, I’ve decided to move over to Seagate hard drives. I’ve selected the Cheeta 15K.3 – ST373453LW – 73GB
< http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/marketing/deta il/0,1081,548,00.html>
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 18, 2004
Why go to SCSI when the MAC’s got a SATA controller, and the fastest 10K rpm Workstation disks are SATA? The Western Digital Raptor has 74 Gb of capacity, and can be found for less than 200$ at most places? (and you spare the cost of a SCSI controller with its additionnal boot time, bigger cables, etc.) It also produces less noise and temperature in your machine…

See here how it compares with other SCSI 10K rpm drives and SCSI 15K rpm ones…: <http://tinyurl.com/6f3o8>
RB
Richard_BRackin
Aug 18, 2004
Because I haven’t seen enough convincing test results to prove to me that SATA is superior to SCSI as far as overall performance and reliability. I need more than one test result to convince me. I’ve got a lot to lose and my livelihood depends on data integrity and reliability.
Hard drive size (as long as it’s around 70 to 80GB) is not a problem. I don’t need 600 trazillion godzillabytes to do my job.
I generally drag data off a few CD-R’s or DVD-R’s and temporarily seat them on one of the hard drives for about a week or how ever long it takes to work on the files. Then they’re shipped off into our version control software (Perforce) and it’s up to the servers handle from there and the files are taken off my machine.
Now, for that week or so … up to a month … while revisions are being done and these files are on my disks, I can’t be worrying that my work is gonna be lost due to an unproven technology.

SCSI has proven to be reliable.
The technology is solid and I’ve had no problems with any SCSI setup in the last 15 or 20 years. SCSI drives are built to higher standards than SATA drives.

I’ve read information to back this up on more than one occasion and here’s a snippet from some of the articles:
"There’s a reason the ATA-style drives are cheaper than SCSI. SCSI drives use a separate processor for executing commands and handling the interface while it uses another processor for controlling the head positioning via the servo(s).
ATA drives use a single processor for both which means that if the rotational positioning requires more adjustments due to factors such as rotational vibration or wear, more processor time will be dedicated for that which can affect the performance of the drive.
Because of this, you will usually see a lower RPM for the ATA disk drive and also a shorter warranty period."

another article mentions:
"SATA’s support hardware such as backplanes, all-in-one solutions, and the like remain in their infancy when contrasted to the maturity and longevity of SCSI hardware. Also keep in mind that while Western Digital claims an enterprise-class 1.2 million hour MTTF spec and backs the Raptors with a 5-year warranty, the line is still new and remains relatively unproven compared to established solutions such as Seagate’s Cheetah series."

I’ll just post one test result showing a comparison. Now, we’ve each shown a test. Here’s a single demanding test showing Ultra 320 configured as a 4-disk RAID array being superior to similarly equipped 4-disk Firewire and SATA configurations: <http://www.barefeats.com/hard35.html>

Also, I found this little gadget which allows you to add two more SATA drives to the G5. <http://wiebetech.com/products/G5Jam.html>
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 18, 2004
Yes, Richard, If you can afford SCSI, go for it… I was just trying to help the OP to spare some $$$… BTW, the raptor is an entreprise class drive, AFAIK.

You can go to storage review again , and look at the reliability survey.

If you need reliability, go for RAID 5 or 6, and back-up all data on another media.
RB
Richard_BRackin
Aug 18, 2004
I understand, Pierre.
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. 🙂

It sounds like I’m knocking SATA and I really don’t mean to be doing that. I am sure it’s gonna replace SCSI one day but I just am comfortable with SCSI.

We back up our graphics servers to tapes every night.
I just don’t back up my workstations every night because I have the same data essentially mirrored on my two other hard drives at any given time. And that’s one of the reasons I’m a little distressed that there’s only room for 2 hard drives in the new G5. Maybe that little add-on gadget will work with SCSI drives, too.
AW
Allen_Wicks
Aug 18, 2004
Regarding "SCSI has proven to be reliable. The technology is solid and I’ve had no problems with any SCSI setup in the last 15 or 20 years."

Your SCSI hardware has been higher end than mine and your experience is different. I always found SCSI drives (the low end ones I purchased) to be frequently problematic.
C
C._Cheatham
Aug 19, 2004
As far as creating the optimal image editing system I have one suggestion regarding displays. I’ve worked with Photoshop for many years and several years ago I put a second monitor in my system. I use the main monitor for viewing the image, and the second smaller monitor to keep all the application palettes on. The second monitor does not have to be calibrated to the quality level of the primary.

This configuration takes a little time to get used to, but then it is sweet. I’ve worked on systems with one very large monitor and still prefer this. If I had a 23" monitor, I would still get a secondary. You never have to move palettes, tab to hide palettes, or scroll to get out from under a palette.

On the mac it is a piece of cake to set up. Just buy a second video card and install.

craig cheatham
AW
Allen_Wicks
Aug 19, 2004
Actually most modern Mac G4/G5 desktop boxes allow 2 monitors without adding a card. I agree, 2 monitors facilitates PS a lot.
R
Ram
Aug 19, 2004
Right; I’m running two monitors off the single nVidia GeForce4 Ti 4600 card that came with my DP MDD G4 earlier this year, despite considerable initial apprehension on my part.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 20, 2004
Richard, in fact the next generation SCSI will be named "Serial Attached SCSI" SAS the connectors will be the same as the sata ones, and it will even be possible to connect SATA discs to SAS controllers!
RB
Richard_BRackin
Aug 20, 2004
I just checked that out.
Thanks for pointing me to it, Pierre.
It looks very interesting.
I’ve gotta say that not having shopped around for these hard drives in a while, I was blown away when I got the price quote for these newer, faster hard drives. They’re $1000 cheaper than a few years ago – unreal.

FWIW
Sheila, I just got the price quote back on my specific configuration and also talked to a couple of people using the exact SCSI and Hard drives to verify everything would work as expected. One person (not enough) recommended the Startech external drive cases for more hard drives. This one dude loves his.

I was really surprised at how much cheaper this configuration seems to be at MacMall $4977.93 (including $50 shipping) vs. $5894 (plus shipping) at the Apple store.

I wouldn’t expect you are gonna configure yours exactly this way, but I thought I would offer up the specs and price in the event that you or someone would want a similar setup…

1. P/N 448986 – Dual 2.5GHz G5, ATI Radeon 9600XT, 8x superdrive, etc.
2. P/N 245913 – 4GB RAM using 4ea. 1GB chips
3. P/N 951377 – 3 Year AppleCare protection plan
4. P/N 979182 – ATTO Express UL4D PCI Ultra 320 SCSI Card
5. P/N 754827 – 2ea Seagate Cheetah 15K.3 73GB hard drives

Probably added to that will be something from a company called Startech. They offer 1, 2, 4, and 8 bay external drive cases so I will be able to use extra hard drives on these machines now.
< http://www.startech.com/ststore/itemlist.cfm?category=P10230 &topbar=topbara.htm>
AW
Allen_Wicks
Aug 20, 2004
Does anyone have an idea of the relative real world throughput speeds of external SATA drives as compared to FW 800? T
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Aug 20, 2004
same thing because FW800 devices use SATA drives.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 20, 2004
Well, barefeats has some tests… but some don’t trust them…

The theorethical limit for SATA is 150MB/s
while for FW800 it is 100MB/s
Currently there is no single drive offering a STR (sustained transfer rate) superior to 78.6MB/s, thus there is no way to saturate a FW 800 connection with a single drive.
RB
Richard_BRackin
Aug 20, 2004
I have a video card configuration question based on something I just read at the Apple forum that un-nerves me.

I noticed this thread about rippling during scrolling – video distortion. <http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@@.6895c092> It seems to be on the 2.5GHz using the ATI 9600 cards. While it’s not confirmed, it is very suspect according to many of the posters in that thread.

Supposedly the NVIDIA 5200 doesn’t do this but I read where the NVIDIA card is an inferior card.

Question:
Would the NVIDIA card be ok for color-managed pre-press and design work? Are they just talking about whether it can run DOOM or some other 3D-style game or not? Should I go with the ‘lesser quality’ NVIDIA card and avoid the rippling problem or is the ATI 9600 that much better and worth the little annoying ripple problem?

many thanks
R
Ram
Aug 20, 2004
Richard,

It’s interesting that you somehow consider the NVDIA "inferior" when Apple charges you a $425 PREMIUM to put one of those in a G5 instead of the more pedestrian ATI9600.

Would you care to elaborate on that?
RB
Richard_BRackin
Aug 20, 2004
I should have said, "I read where that NVIDIA 5200 card is an inferior card" not the 5800. Then I went on to ask if, "…they are just talking about whether it can run …3D-style games."

Post number 28 at the thread I listed above had a gentleman mention the NVIDIA 5200 is a downgrade from the ATI 9600. Apple was sending him one to see if that alleviates the rippling issue on the 2.5’s.
The post below that one says ‘still, a working NVIDIA card is better than a non-working G5’

I’ve got NVIDIA GForce2 cards in my G4’s right now and have been happy with them… but they’re older cards.

I took a minute to look around and while I can’t find any direct 9600 vs 5200 competitions, the scales do tend to go in NVIDIA’s favor in gaming performance tests (which I care nothing about). Then as quickly as I read that, I found another opinion stating, that

"ATi’s key strength is its antialiasing capabability (both the resulting speed of the antialiasing as well as the apparent quality). In still shots, ATi (even as an nVidia hardliner), I must admit ATi has the advantage."

That quote is from a gaming site so once again, I wonder if the context that the NVIDIA card was considered inferior was only for those kids playing games.

That’s why I’m here asking whether it’s a big deal to skip the ATI and use the NVIDIA card to avoid this rippling issue. I’d prefer not to blow $400 extra on a card that will only add horsepower to 3D gaming.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 21, 2004
You almost don’t need an AGP videocard for photoshop, a PCI one with 16 mb could suffice! but if you want to do some 3D or play games, then it is a different story!
RB
Richard_BRackin
Aug 23, 2004
Sorry to ressurect this thread but I listed some wrong MacMall part numbers…

Well, I ordered my 2.5GHz G5 today.
It’s a little bit different configuration than I listed earlier due to the G5 design and I also got a couple of part numbers I mixed up.

M CPU 00448986 – G5 2.5GHZ, 4.512 GB RAM, DuperDisk, 160GB SATA Dive, ATI 9600 Video, 56K Modem M KIT 00245913 – 4 1GB sticks of ram
U DRI 01521796IM – ATTO UL4D Ultra 320 SCSI Card
U DRI 02318634BM – Seagate Cheetah 15k.3 73GB 15,000 Ultra 320 Drive N CSE 00449447 – Free DVD player :rolleyes:
N SRW 0951377 – 3year AppleCare

I’m only ordering 1 ultra 320 SCSI drive on the machines since there’s only two spaces for hard drives in the G5 and apparently it requires an SATA drive to boot (which is just nuts).
If I need additional drives, I’ll just have to order external drives. I’m gonna try to limp along with 2 hard drives at first and see how that works out for me.

I opted against the G5 Jam for the additional hard drive space due to heat concerns. I couldn’t find external Ultra 320 (VHDCI 68-pin) connectors on the Startech external cases so that’s ruled out.

As far as the question about if some things might be a waste of money, I’d say I got a ‘bare-bones’ system and only bought what I needed … RAM and the SCSI drives/card.
For my Pre-Press / design usage, anything else is overkill for me.

Here’s the (ahem) best part… I’m on a waiting list and have been told not to expect ’em till possibly the end of the year. There are 35,000 3.5GHz G5’s on backorder at all the order outlets (not just MacMall)
AW
Allen_Wicks
Aug 23, 2004
I need such a bare bones system…

🙂
RB
Richard_BRackin
Aug 24, 2004
🙂
That didn’t come out exactly right. 🙂
I’m thrilled beyond my imagination to have this horsepower. I saw a post earlier today comparing the 1.42 GHz G4 to the 2.5GHz G5 and my mouth watered. All we have now are a G3 and a bunch of G4’s…… and an 8600 that kinda sputters and pops in a dark corner.

I guess I mean to say that i didn’t buy a high-end video card – just used the stock card. I didn’t get the airport, or any of the bells and whistles like a Fiber card.
There’s nothing on this system that was purchased that wasn’t absolutely required for the work i do. No fluff .. no fancy stuff … just pared down to what was necessary.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections