Posted By
Parvardigar
Jan 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please if you could assist.

I just scanned a batch of archival letters. The caligraphy is green script writing. I saved as Tif. It would be best for preservation to change the letters from green to black. Is there a method in photoshop where I can ‘select’ the green and alter all the letter writing into black? Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 10, 2006
wrote in message
Please if you could assist.

I just scanned a batch of archival letters. The caligraphy is green script writing. I saved as Tif. It would be best for preservation to change the letters from green to black. Is there a method in photoshop where I can ‘select’ the green and alter all the letter writing into black? Thanks

If the green writing is on a white background you have a number of choices Image>adjust>Hue/Saturation try moving the hue and saturation sliders and also try it with the colorize box ticked (don’t use the lighness slider as this will affect your background.)
Another, Image>Adjust>Desaturate then Image>Adjust>Brightness/contrast and play around with contrast slider
Another, Image >Adjust>threshold just play around with the slider to get the best result
Another, Image> Adjust>. Replace colour. Select the green with the eye dropper from dialogue box. Text colour will appear in the swatch box.Click on the replacement (result)swatch to open it up and select a black or input 0,0,0. into the RGB boxes, then OK.
There will no doubt be other methods but any one, or combination of these should do what you want.

HTH
MH
P
Parvardigar
Jan 10, 2006
Perfect, Solutions. Thank You.
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 10, 2006
On 10 Jan 2006 11:58:51 -0800, wrote:

Perfect, Solutions. Thank You.
You’re welcome.

Mike H
remove -bats- to reply

"Ingratitude is never having to say thankyou".

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections