Posted By
Kay_Lynn
Jan 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, again —

This is a follow-up to the original message I started several hours ago, which is now way below this: (Wow, is this forum active!!)

Until I have enough time to learn how best to use PSE2 for my needs, I am wondering what any of you think about the following work-flow I am hoping will work for me:

1) Scan my original negatives, prints, or transparencies with my dedicated photo scanner, the HP PhotoSmart s20

a) Straighten it (if needed) with the HP program, because I know how to do it with the program and it sounds much easier than with PSE2 (at least right now.)

2) Place these images in a folder (but I’m not sure I know how) on my hard drive and save them from which to make other copies with which to work.

3) Import them from (or export them to) PSE, but how? And will this then show me the resolutions, etc., which I will need to crop them, etc.?

4) Use the PSE QuickFix method in PSE (until I learn how to use the other features of PSE)

5) Print them with the Epson 2200, hopefully to at least an 11×14.

What do you think? Does this sound do-able? I will be aiming for a May something-or-other date for our first art show.

I will appreciate greatly any comment, suggestion, etc.

Thanks —

Kay Lynn

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 20, 2004
Kay

This will work but … first you must save them in a form that will not loose data I suspect Tiff will be available to you. But all this is an extra step and if you just use this forum for a bit of help and spend just a few minutes trying out what is offered you will find that this is a very easy process with elements and after just a few slides you will have saved a whole lot of work for yourself!

Grant
KL
Kay_Lynn
Jan 21, 2004
Hi, Grant —

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have learned to always save my work in TIFF. I guess I will just have to step out of my comfort zone and really try to learn using the PSE2 program all the way through. And I certainly will need to "use this forum for a bit of help" only I think I might have to ask for a *lot* of help.

Again, thanks —

Kay
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 21, 2004
Kay

Ask many questions, I know I did in the beginning.

Grant

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections