J
Posted By
jav
Dec 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS2, CS and 7.0 all installed on my C: drive. I’m running low on disk space and would like to uninstall CS and 7.0. Is it possible to do this and not affect the operation of CS? Thanks in advance for any help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jav
Dec 23, 2005
Sorry, I meant to say "Is it possible to do this and not affect the operation of CS2?".

"jav" wrote in message
I have Photoshop CS2, CS and 7.0 all installed on my C: drive. I’m running low on disk space and would like to uninstall CS and 7.0. Is it possible to do this and not affect the operation of CS? Thanks in advance for any help.
P
philo
Dec 23, 2005
"jav" wrote in message

yes.
you can uninstall the previous versions without doing
any harm…
*However* depending on which gamma loader was used…
you *might* have to reset your gamma values
B
Boskey
Dec 23, 2005
"jav" wrote in message
Shouldn’t be any problem. You might make sure you have moved/copied any plug-ins, filters, actions, etc. from the older programs that you want to keep.
C
Clyde
Dec 24, 2005
jav wrote:

Yes, but you may need to reinstall CS2 over itself. If CS2 was an upgrade version, it installed using a previous version as verification that the upgrade was legit. If you remove it’s verification, you have to install CS2 from the CD again. This time it will ask for a previous version’s CD. It will run from the HD without any CD from then on.

Clyde

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections