AT
Posted By
A.Translator
Jan 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Leen, you don’t react to my reply to your message. Perhaps you are no longer interested, but if you did not see my reply, here goes again:

Adobe changed my Dutch version for an English one. I posted about this in this group, and wanted to point you to my message, but couldn’t find it just now.

I contacted Adobe, explained and was told to fill in a form vouching I would remove and destroy the Dutch software. After that I got an English version of PE 2.0 and just paid postage.

I had had the Dutch version for about 6 or 7 months before I realized there were lots of good reasons to swap.

If you don’t find my earlier message with details, feel free to contact me by e-mail. I can be reached at: translatoria(apestaartje)xs4all.nl —
Groet, Adriana. [when replying by e-mail, remember: grootpoot is Dutch for bigfoot]

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 18, 2004
Adriana, I sincerely apologise.
I didnot notice your message. You contacted Adobe; Adobe USA or in the Netherlands?

Leen
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 18, 2004
Adrianna, next time you want Leen to respond to your replies you need to put the word ‘bikini’ in your message somewhere….but put it towards the end otherwise he’ll lose track of your question before he gets to finish reading it.

Hi Leen 😉
AT
A.Translator
Jan 18, 2004
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:34:55 -0800, wrote:

I didnot notice your message. You contacted Adobe; Adobe USA or in the Netherlands?

No need to apologize. I just wondered if you had seen my reply, since I posted a couple of days after your original message.

Anyway: I mailed Adobe at this address:

and got this reply:

[in Dutch]:

"Het is mogelijk om een product om te ruilen als het de huidige versie is. Wij sturen een vernietigingsformulier naar u toe met het serienummer van het programma. U vult het dan in en stuurt het terug naar Adobe Direct. Na ontvangst plaatsen wij een order voor de Engelstalige Photoshop Elements
2.0 en bellen u op voor uw credit card gegevens. Omdat het op dezelfde
versie blijft hoeft u alleen voor verzendkosten te betalen."

No harm in trying!

Groet, Adriana.
[when replying by e-mail, remember: grootpoot is Dutch for bigfoot]
AT
A.Translator
Jan 18, 2004
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:42:56 -0800, wrote:

next time you want Leen to respond to your replies you need to put the word ‘bikini’ in your message somewhere….but put it towards the end otherwise he’ll lose track of your question before he gets to finish reading it.

🙂

Groet, Adriana.
SR
Schraven_Robert
Jan 18, 2004
Adriana,

is there a specific reason that you switched languages?

Robert
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 18, 2004
Jodi, be careful.
People might get the wrong impression of me.
Only very occasionally I talk about sex. We are doing it too often, so we don’t need to talk about it.
😉

Leen
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 18, 2004
….and who might ‘we’ be ? the forum >?
AT
A.Translator
Jan 18, 2004
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:58:54 -0800, wrote:

there a specific reason that you switched languages?

– Some third-party plug ins/extenstons do not work in the Dutch version. – The Dutch translation was not particularly good, even unclear at points (I am a professional translator myself).
– Most good tutorials and books about PSE are in English: terminology got confusing.
– This group is in English! Much easier to ask a question if you know what it is called in the English version.

I never regretted the swam and was very grateful to Adobe for helping me out.

Groet, Adriana.
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 18, 2004
Jodi, should I have written IT instead of it? 😉

Leen
AT
A.Translator
Jan 18, 2004
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:05:30 -0800, wrote:

never regretted the swam

Sorry for the typo’s!

For swam read swap, for extenstons, extensions…

Groet, Adriana.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections