What is the best software to separate foreground from background?

B
Posted By
Bobby77501
Dec 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
It used to be Knockout – but I’ve heard, here and there, that there are now better programs to perform this task. Can anyone tell me what they are? Thanks……

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

O
Ozzie
Dec 3, 2005
"+++Bobby "O"+++" ha scritto nel messaggio
It used to be Knockout – but I’ve heard, here and there, that there are now better programs to perform this task. Can anyone tell me what they are? Thanks……

If you want to do that with a video, then you’ve probably saw those blue or green background what pro are using. Many good video editiors do that very simple. Using the alpha keys (or already plugged in ones "blue, green screen, genlocks…" and with a little adjustment of the value you can get a great resault. I used to had a genlock hardware (in the time where there were not non-linear systems or they were very expensive). Amiga 500 was the pc we were using on the local TV, those were the times….eh. Pinnacle edition (liquid), Adobe Premier are probably the most popular. If you need to do that with a graphics you should do the same as for video, the most important is good placed light central and side ones (to make soften the shadows), do not use camera flash (it won’t give you the satisfied resaults). But remember, object you want to shoot is not the only thing you should light it. With background you must do the same, othewise your background will be gray. Be sure that green or blue color (depands what you’ve chosen) your objects are not wearing on itself. If you have done this preparation
it will be very simple to take of the background color and replace it with something else. In photoshop even magic background eraser will do one click job (if your previous preparation was good).

Also, of course, you can erase background from any other graphic, you will need some patience and some knowledge of setting up a graphical program. There is no such a program who will do all by itself without your instructions.

Maybe you can explain what exactly you want to do and for what does it serve.
Ozzie
R
RBB
Dec 6, 2005
i like knockout more than any other one

"Ozzie" escribi

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections