New user – pics have a yellow cast to them?

HG
Posted By
Hilary_Grant
Jan 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a new user and when I open some pics in PSE2, the pics have a yellowy cast to them – like they are 4 years old and have aged. Looking around here I seem to need to do something with my monitor. Oh, and when I open PSE2 I get some error message about my monitor but in my exuberance to use the program, I ignored it because everything looked fine.

Can someone tell me exactly what I need to do to fix this problem?

Also, does this program eat RAM like candy? I can’t do anything else while I am in it because it tells me that I am out of memory. Wow!

Thank you!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
brent_bertram
Jan 18, 2004
Hilary,
This is a link to a good tutorial on setting up your display for Elements/Photoshop , <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_2.htm> .
Follow the instructions and the logic, and hopefully your monitor error will go away.

Elements uses a lot of RAM and a lot of hard drive space , as a scratch disk. Keeping your hard drive defragged will optimize it for use as a scratch disk and hopefully minimize your problems.

🙂

Brent
HG
Hilary_Grant
Jan 18, 2004
Thanks for the link. My problem now is that there is no Adobe Gamma in my Control Panel.
JD
Juergen_D
Jan 18, 2004
Hilary,

check in "Common Files\Adobe\Calibration". Else run a search on "Adobe Gamma".

Juergen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections