LK
Posted By
Leen_Koper
Jan 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There has been a lengthy dicussion on tripods. For those who think a tripod is too heavy to carry, this link might be useful.
<http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/monopod.html>
Probably something for the Christmas wish list 2004. 😉

Leen

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SK
Shan_Ko
Jan 18, 2004
Leen,

Thanks for the nice link. I’ll have to dig up my monopot and get aquainted with it again.

Met a little old guy on a group tour a couple of years back using a Pentax (6×7) that looked like a 35mm SLR on steroids. He had two other lenses in a waist pouch and a 7-section monopot that was his walking stick. He let me take a look through his camera-on-a-stick and I was amazed how sturdy the view through the finder was. There was no warbling that I could notice. There was no need to brace the monpot with the outside of the foot and the inside of the bent knee trick. I guess the sheer weight of the camera/lens combo sort of immobilized the setup, but I can’t see myself carrying all that load around for long.

One problem with a mono I found was in going for a vertical shot with a 35mm camera. I tried using a small ballhead that can flip up. But the ballhead I used had no locking nut, so I had to tighten the mounting screw to hold the combined weight of camera and longer lenses in the vertical. I had to get the base plate replaced because the screw stud went in too deep. 🙁

Shan
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 18, 2004
Shan,

Working with a pretty heavy medium format camera like the Pentax 67 is quite different from using a small digital camera. Sometimes I really miss this wonderful equipment and the large viewfinder, but I cannot justify the costs of a digital back as my prices are rather low. (In my opinion everyone should be entitled to have a good portrait made, not just only the upper end of the market)

I use the Manfrotto Monopod with a simple ball head and vertical shots aren’t any problem at all.

Leen
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 18, 2004
Leen,

"(In my opinion everyone should be entitled to have a good portrait made, not just only the upper end of the market)"

The photographs on your site are beautiful … really wish I could find someone like you near my home … I would be knocking on the door to have my portrait taken 🙂

Wendy
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 19, 2004
Wendy, find about 50 other customers and I will come over for free. (provided it isn’t longer than 8 hours flying)

Leen
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 19, 2004
Leen,

Not much hope of finding another 50 customers … but a trip to the UK shouldn’t take more than8 hours … well maybe if the traffic jams are bad !!!

Wendy
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 19, 2004
Sorry Wendy, I forgot you were living in the UK. Where do you live? I am a regular visitor to the UK; often about 6 times a year. Mostly the north of London, but probably this year I might have to tour the UK to tell about our mentoring system to coach professional photographers towards their international qualifications.

Leen
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 19, 2004
Leen,

I used to live south of London but about ten years ago we moved up to North Warwickshire …

If you are ever in this area just drop us a line … you would be most welcome at our home … although my Husband’s eyes tend to glaze over at the mention of Photoshop 🙂

After your advice on tripods at the end of last year I did eventually go out and buy one from Jessops … but apart from indoors haven’t yet tried it out. However, in April we are off on a trip to Amsterdam and the bulb fields so am hoping to try it then.

Wendy
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 19, 2004
Wendy, could you send me your email address?
I might be travelling to Birmimgham the end of February.

Leen

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections