JC
Posted By
Jane_Carter
Jan 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here is a link that one of my classmates brought to our attention, <http://www.pixy.cz/apps/barvy/index-en.html>
Neat! I don’t know how to use it yet, but it sure is fun to play with. Try the color blindness menu, that’s interesting too.
Jane

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 18, 2004
ewwwwww, people that are colorblind ( that 1% of men thing…my hub)sure do have a ‘yuck’ vision of things….no wonder i look good to him.
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 18, 2004
My father was just a little color-blind, and my mother had to pick out his ties and shirts sometimes.
That is why the red light is always the top light on the traffic lights, so a completely color-blind person just has to look at which light is lit, not the color.

But I look at what our pets see, and it must explain why our dogs and cats don’t pursue the bright birds and prey, but go for the ones in motion. A red cardinal can be looking at our cat or dog in the eye, but a moving dull gray bird who is moving will always get more action in our yard.
Interesting,,,,,,
Jane
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 18, 2004
Jane, i’m one of those non believers that dogs and cats do not see colour. I have seen proof. I once knew a fellow who had an intelligent german shepard dog…my friend would say to his dog ‘ get the red toys out of the toy box'( the dog had his own toy box)…and the dog did it. well, i assumed that the dog just knew which toys were red from memory and the owner teaching him which ones were red…so i told my friend that the next time i came over that i would bring a red doggy toy and that we would not let the dog see it and that we would hide it in his toy box. You guessed it…he told the dog to take out all the red toys and he took out ALL the red toys and left the others….the red toy i bought was in the pile with the rest of the red toys…so tell me that dogs are colorblind and i wont believe it.
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 18, 2004
Hi Jodi, We should try this with my son-in-laws dog, she is really smart. We live just 5 houses apart up the street, so I take her everyday for a walk with our dog, they are great buddies. I will give this a whirl, as this is very interesting.
Come to think of it, when we got our yellow lab out of the rescue pound 10 years ago, she would kill birds, but only bright red Cardinals!
Yes, I think that this would be a fun project. Even a good science project when my grandsons get a bit older.
Jane

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections