MH
Posted By
Maggie_Herten
Jan 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to view the teachers’ online tutorials (from the Adobe website) to learn Photoshop Elements but I can’t get them to display properly on my screen. Only part of the screen/graphics load so I can’t do the interactive exercises. The narration continues ok. I am using Win98 on a Celeron 466 with 128 memory. Any help would be much appreciated. Maggie

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 17, 2004
Hi Margie, I couldn’t get them to work using IE, but good old Netscape 4.75 works. Try different browsers.
There also might be a plug in that you will have to get also. It’s the browser that is the trouble. (I use a Mac G4 OS 9 with memory maxed out.)
They are quite good, I’ve been looking at the Adobe GoLive 6 tutorials. Jane
S
squidly46
Jan 17, 2004
Would it be possible to repost the link, as my server only keeps anything on it no more than 4 hours..
thank you.
squidly46

wrote in message
Hi Margie, I couldn’t get them to work using IE, but good old Netscape 4.75 works. Try different browsers.
There also might be a plug in that you will have to get also. It’s the browser that is the trouble.
(I use a Mac G4 OS 9 with memory maxed out.)
They are quite good, I’ve been looking at the Adobe GoLive 6 tutorials. Jane

tested and scanned thru AVG
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.562 / Virus Database: 354 – Release Date: 1/16/2004
KL
Kay_Lynn
Jan 18, 2004
Hi, Maggie and Jane —

I also am enountering difficulties in using/working the element k online tutorials on the Adobe home site. I was delighted when I discovered them and gained a lot of info from the introductory ones. But once I was ready for the Quick Fix one, that’s when I ran into all sorts of very frustrating glitches like the ones you described, Maggie.

Jane, my default browser is Netscape 7.1 but I experienced similar problems when I tried using IE. What (and where) are the Adobe GoLive 6 tutorials?

I am again trying to use the Gregory Georges book (50 Fast Digital Photo Techniques) which I bought about a year ago and decided it was too advanced for me then. Now I find the CD that came with it is MIA (missing in action) somewhere in my home. Being a "pack rat" of the first order, I know it will show up eventually, but . . .

Thanks for any input and suggestions

Kay Lynn
MH
Maggie_Herten
Jan 18, 2004
Thanks for your suggestions. I downloaded the latest Netscape and some sort of plugin was required (769436as.dcr.dir) but neither I nor my computer could use the plugin. When the plugin downloaded, I was asked which program to open it with. I haven’t a clue despite a Google search.If anyone has any more suggestions I would be very pleased to hear from you.
Thanks
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 18, 2004
Hi Kay, Here are the GoLive 6 tutorials, these use Quicktime. <http://www.computer-training-software.com/golive6.htm> I just bought the CD(2 in the GoLive 6 lesson package). I like these very much! (Be sure not to use the included VTC player if you do ever buy any of these if you have a Mac. Use only Quicktime, but I will go into the details that their tech support people explained, later if needed.)

Now the element K ones, I will have to go back and find them,,,,,,,,,got it, but they are temporarily down.
Had bad enough weather that school has been cancelled for several days around New England. Getting one of the internal server errors, who knows??? This is a local school with a great on-line choice of classes, and they use element K too. Next week we should be able to get to them, and I will try the elementK thing again with all my browsers. I too had trouble with those whacky plugins. Remember, I am sort of a beginner and am learning as I go along.
Remind me to get the element K link for you later,

Edit; I looked at the Adobe teacher links, but not being a teacher, I didnt register, so I dont think I can view these. Could I register and just look at the courses, I wonder? (I am retired.)

Second edit, just found an example element K site so that you can try it in each browser. <http://www.elementk.com/e-learning/htm/freecourses.asp> My IE needs the plug in, and couldnt download it properly, but was still able to use Netscape 4.75 without any problem.
Jane
KL
Kay_Lynn
Jan 18, 2004
Jane —

Haven’t had a chance to go to the GoLive site yet; thanks for listing it. Spent the last three hours fine-tooth-combing my computer/sewing room (should call it my studio, by this time, I guess) looking for that MIA Gregory Georges CD that accompanied his book, with no success. (I suffer from packratitis.) <lol> Guess I’ll have to try to find a copy of the book/CD on Ebay or Amazon.

In response to your comment about element K site: I also am a retired teacher and I just went on that site and was able to open the beginning lessons without any questions asked or any registration requested. I figured my 26 years in the classroom should be good for something like that. So, yes, just go on that site when you have time and see what happens. I use a PC (I feel I’m in a distinct minority here on this site) and Netscape 7.1 as my default browser, although I also have IE installed, which I understand PSE2 needs, even though I don’t understand why.

This user-to-user forum is so friendly; you all seem to know each other so well and are so willing to help each other and newcomers (like myself) so willingly. You certainly have/are earning stars for your crowns!

Thanks again —
Kay
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 19, 2004
This forum is wonderful, indeed. And as a beginner, I have asked lots of questions and have had wonderful help. Now that I am getting better at PSE and computers, I find that when I can insert a bit of help, that it helps me to understand things.
I love it! I never could be as far into PSE or enjoying it this much if it wasn’t for these great people!
Jane
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 19, 2004
Hi Jane & Kay,

Just found this thread and couldn’t resist going to the site and trying it out. The Photoshop 5.5. one works in Safari, I didn’t think that it was going to as it seemed to take ages to load. … not much use for you Kay as Safari is a Mac Browser.

Do hope you find the Gregory Georges CD.

Wendy
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 19, 2004
Good morning, I still can’t get to the page that I took my lessons from(the local one here), but I am sure that next week, it will be back up and running.
I did try the other element K ones and they are still OK with Netscape 4.75 for me. My Netscape 7.1 probably is OK too.

Yes, the Gregory Georges book is one of my favourites too, even tho I haven’t looked at the CD yet.

Just googled for more element K sites, I guess it is very popular, there are many. When I get more time, I will do the GoLive 6 one too.
Jane
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 20, 2004
I got it, this is the site that has the self-study element K GoLive 6 lessons. < http://knowledge.learnitonline.com/educate/onlinelearning/ma rketing/frame.jsp?school=uccrts>
This is our local one, Upper Cape Regional Tech, but I think that it is the same course list that other tech schools give. I have not looked further, as this one has what I need so far.
They are $65 for the self study ones.
I think I will take the GoLive 6 level one, soon as I finish my great PSE lessons. I am taking the 2 filters courses now, they are wonderful and so much fun!
Jane

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections