KP
Posted By
KAREN_PAGE
Nov 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have photoshop CS and have everything in .tif format as I had been told in workshop Now I want to upload photos to share and need them in .jpg. What is the easiest way to convert?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 10, 2005
It depends on how many images, but in general, you can use save for web or Save As…

In either case you can create an action out of the process and then run that action in batch on an entire folder of images. If you’re just talking about a few images, I’d go with Save for Web and play…

Peace,
Tony
KP
KAREN_PAGE
Nov 10, 2005
Actually I have hundreds to deal with that are in the .tif format. I am not sure why the workshop leader cringed at jpgs since this is the only way to go for the photo clubs How do I go about doing it in batch for the folders I have?
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Nov 10, 2005
Karen, one other thing to consider: If your images use the Adobe RGB color space, you should probably convert them to sRGB profile before converting them to Jpeg for Web display or printing. if you don’t, the images won’t look right in a browser or printed by a company that doesn’t honor the Adobe RGB profile.

You should get Dr. Brown’s Image Processor for CS. It can be downloaded here < http://www.russellbrown.com/images/tips_downloads/ImageProce ssor2.3.zip>. It’s a batch converter that will allow you to do exactly what you are looking for within Photoshop and will also allow you to resize the photos if you want. I think it also allows you to convert the profile; the version built into CS2 does, I know.
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Nov 10, 2005
Oh, and the reason the workshop leader cringed at JPEGs is because every time you resave a JPEG, you loose some information in the image due to the way JPEGs compresses it. You therefore always want to keep a "master" file saved as either TIFFs or PSDs since you can save those as many tmes as you want wihtout loosing information.
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 10, 2005
I think it also allows you to convert the profile; the version built into CS2 does, I know.

It does… kinda. Unless Brown has fixed it recently, it errors out when you have it convert the profile. Took me about two hours to figger out it wasn’t me. That notwithstanding, the image processor works pretty well.

I’m a die hard; I still use actions and batching <grin>.

Peace,
Tony
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 10, 2005
You can also get Image Processor to run an action of your choice on each image as it processes them.
KP
KAREN_PAGE
Nov 10, 2005
I tried to download but got the error message Russel Brown said might occcur. My install disc is with another computer I have in another state so am looking for another way to convert these files for now Any other suggestions?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections