SG
Posted By
Scottie_G.
Aug 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This in new for me, but someone worked on a file of mine and in info, History, (in the metadata) is a long list of work. I’d like to print it out. Anyone have any ideas how — besides taking 10 screenshots. These photos are live on web. Someone was mentioning a utility or something.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
Larryr544
Aug 11, 2004
Grab and then print it.
SG
Scottie_G.
Aug 11, 2004
What do you mean Larry, grab it.
L
Larryr544
Aug 11, 2004
On your boot drive open applications > Utilities and find Grab. I suggest putting it on your dock. Start it and go to the menu selection, move the selection dialogue if it opens over your history palette. Drag over what you want to save / print and do it! Enjoy! It’s part of OS X.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 11, 2004
You can print the History Log in CS.

In Prefs./General:

Check History Log and Text File. Choose a location to Save the File. (Mine is called "Photoshop Edit Log.txt" and is on my Desktop.

When you want to print your log, just open "Photoshop Edit Log.txt" and choose Print.
SG
Scottie_G.
Aug 12, 2004
I don’t think Grab can get more than what shows on the screen. This is a dialogue box that needs four scrolls to see whole document.

Ok, Ann, did that. but then what? How do I tell photoshop to put that history info (which is in metadata), into the edit log doc?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 12, 2004
<< Check History Log and Text File. >>

Meaning ALSO check "Text File".

(You are allowed to check BOTH Metadata and Text>)

Then you will have an openable TEXT file in your "Photoshop Edit Log.txt" file which can be printed.
SG
Scottie_G.
Aug 13, 2004
Sorry. did not understand that at all Ann.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 13, 2004
Scottie:

Take it again from the top. SLOWLY……

Open Photoshop Preferences/General:

In the lower half of the dialog:

Select "History Log" and also select "Text File" or select "Both". Choose a location to Save the File and give it a name.
(Mine is called "Photoshop Edit Log.txt" and is on my Desktop.)

From the "Edit Log Items" pop-up, choose "Detailed"

When you want to print your History log, just open the file "Photoshop Edit Log.txt" (that is now on your Desktop) and choose Print.
SG
Scottie_G.
Aug 14, 2004
We are making progress Ann:
Ok, I now see the log, and it showing me things I did in last few days.

But that’s not what I really want.

A friend sent me a file. In this file is HIS history of what HE did to make this a great file. It’s very long and extensive. Its in the metadata under history. I want to print this out.

Anyone know if possilbe?
(I did paste it in Word, but it gets all crunched and looks like hell)
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 14, 2004
I find that you can just go to "File Info/History"; copy and paste into TextEdit; and print from there—no need for Word.

Control-click in the TextEdit window and choose "Font/Show Fonts" and set the font and size that you want to use.
SG
Scottie_G.
Aug 14, 2004
Have you actually seen how this turns out?
It does not retain the line breaks.
IL
Ian_Lyons
Aug 14, 2004
Have you actually seen how this turns out?

Yes!

It does not retain the line breaks.

You’ve screwed something up. All line breaks and other formatting are retained.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 14, 2004
All line breaks and other formatting are retained on my system too.

Try selecting all of the type in your TextEdit file and assigning a decent font to it there; then Print to PDF to check that its working.

Also try re-saving your Photoshop file (on your System) before trying to copy/paste the file info. from that document.
SG
Scottie_G.
Aug 15, 2004
Yes, it worked in text edit, which I generally never use. But if Word it’s a mess. Wonder why?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 15, 2004
Conflicting Fonts?

Try emptying Office’s private Fonts folder and managing them with FAP—if you need them at all.
SG
Scottie_G.
Aug 15, 2004
Thanks Ann. What and where are private fonts, and what is fap?
L
Larryr544
Aug 15, 2004
Thanks Ann! I didn’t know either tip. Amazing what one can do!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections