Wierd Spontaneous blocks of color in my PSDs…

RC
Posted By
rob_christianson
Aug 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ll be working along in Photoshop and all of the sudden, rectangular areas of my file become discolored in certain layers, and I cannot get it to reverse the problem in the history pallete, nor by deleting layers, nor by zooming out, nor turning channels on and off.

Does this sound like a tell-tale sign of data loss with a replacement hard disk in a B/W rev1 G3?

Or maybe a Photoshop CS issue? In which case, is there a patch?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JS
Jeff_Schewe
Aug 9, 2004
Raw or video card
GB
g_ballard
Aug 9, 2004
Ya, if it doesn’t print.

If it does print: bad Ram or CPU…
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 9, 2004
You wouldn’t be working directly on a file on a Server across the network would you?

Don’t do it. It’s a recipe for disaster.
JY
Jack_Youngblood
Aug 19, 2004
Had this problem. Corrupt file me thinks. No cure as far as I know (though it seemed to disappear with more RAM).
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 19, 2004
See this knowlegebase entry that pertains to your problem: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/189fa.htm>
RM
Rick_Morton
Aug 19, 2004
I’ve had this happen in olden days when there wasn’t enought RAM to redraw the screen. Blocks of color will appear. Make sure your other apps are closed. In OS9 you’ll have to assign more RAM.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections