SP
Posted By
seth_prince
Jan 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I don’t know if this is the right forum, but it is a paths issue in Photoshop 7 for mac.

I have multiple closed paths inside of an outer closed path. for illustrative purposes, think of the capital letter "B". In the Paths Pallete I will select "Make Selection", but only the outer path will convert to a selection, ignoring the inner paths. Then I will select the inner paths, individually converting them to selections. All goes well until I select the outer path and turn it into a selection. The inner selections disappear and I’m left with the outer selection.

I’ve tried kicking my cpu, spraying down the motherboard with soda-pop. I’ve even tried stuffing a brownie into the cd/dvd player. These techniques have not helped either.

Does anybody out there know the answer?

Thanks, seth

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 15, 2004
Actually, you are on the wrong forum. There’s a separate one for users of full Photoshop. This one is for Elements. Having said that, though, I want to know – has this worked correctly for you in the past? If so, try deleting the Photshop Preference folder. That’s a pretty common fix for Elements when something that used to work correctly – just quits! Elements is based on the PS 7.0 engine, so I think the same thing might hold true.

For Macs, the keyboard shortcut would be clicking on the PS start up icon and then quickly holding down the Command, Option, and Shift keys and continue holding them down until you see a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes.

However, if this is something you just simply can’t accomplish in PS, please check that forum, because we don’t "do" paths in Elements! 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections