NM
Posted By
nancy_mackoviak
Jan 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Installed Elements 2 today and already a tiny glitch is driving me nuts. At first the hints worked fine, then I moved around the workspace a bit, then docked it back on the palatte and now it’s stuck, ironically, on the "move" tool. I’ve closed it, clicked on every tool, nothing. I’m sure this is a tiny technical oversight by me the computer dunce, but help! also, recipes is empty. Making a selection does nothing. Do these have to be downloaded separately?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ray
Jan 15, 2004
Nancy,

The only time this happened to me, I had to reset my preferences. Here’s the recipe :

Immediately after lauching Elements (by double-clicking on its icon on your desktop, for example), press and hold those 3 keys : [SHIFT]-[ALT]-[CONTROL]. Keep pressing them until Elements shows you a dialog box asking if you want to reset your preferences. Answer yes. Then you should see your Hints palette working again.

If it doesn’t solve your problem, write again, someone will most probably provide some more helpfull
hints.

Ray
NM
nancy_mackoviak
Jan 15, 2004
AHHHH,,thank you Ray. You saved my sanity. It fixed both problems. I’ll be back..

Nancy
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 15, 2004
Super Ray strikes again. Snowing up your way, Ray?

Dick
R
Ray
Jan 15, 2004
No, and for the very first time in my life, I wish it were. We’re living in the "ice age".
Yesterday, temperature was like -31C (-41C with the chil factor..). The problem is that it’s been sunny and clear skies for a few days, and when this happens, the heat from the Sun isn’t retained at
night. So, a few days of snow would help raise the temperatures a little πŸ˜‰

Ray
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 15, 2004
Hi Ray, It is snowing here on Cape Cod, and the temperature is 6ΒΊF, and I have to drive my friend to his eye doctor appointment. I would rather be here in the warm house computering, but I better get going. Husband and dog will keep the house warm and cozy for me.

I just found a version one of Xenofex filters! Found it on eBay, and should have it soon. It will be all warmed up for me, as it is coming from Miami, Florida.
I have Xenofex 2 and EyeCandy 4000. These filters are so much fun! Jane
R
Ray
Jan 16, 2004
That’s cool Jane! And when will the new Mac be coming in ? πŸ™‚

Ray
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 16, 2004
Hi Ray, My friends eye op went fine, he is so happy!
And this morning, our temp was -9ΒΊ F, thats -23ΒΊ C, thats too cold for me. Here is a neat site, I had to use it to convert our temperatures. <http://home.flash.net/~lorint/lorin/convert.htm>

Was looking at the new iMac with the 20" screen yesterday, its about $2000. Thats a bit much for me right now, I will be working a bit part time this spring, that will be my ‘Mac fund’.
Maybe we will see another price decrease or maybe an increase in screen size with price the same like a little while ago when they went up to the 17". Hope so.
Jane
R
Ray
Jan 17, 2004
Hello Jane,

I think I need to find a part time job myself to speed up the buying of the iMac .. πŸ™‚

Thanks for the link btw, it’s very handy!

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections