LL
Posted By
larry_leon
Nov 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Stitch command in photoimpact would combine 2 photos to produce a 3rd. I cant find a reference to ‘Stitch’ anywhere in PSCS. How do u do it in PSCS?

Your help is MUCH appreciated. Thanks- bye- Larry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 6, 2005
It’s called Photomerge and you’ll find it in the Automate menu.
FN
Fred_Nirque
Nov 6, 2005
It’s called Photomerge in CS, accessed under File>Automate>Photomerge.
FN
Fred_Nirque
Nov 6, 2005
Damn, there’s an echo in here…..
M
Marcel
Nov 6, 2005
wrote in message
Stitch command in photoimpact would combine 2 photos to produce a 3rd. I
cant find a reference to ‘Stitch’ anywhere in PSCS. How do u do it in PSCS?
Your help is MUCH appreciated. Thanks- bye- Larry

Actually, Larry, I tried the Photomerge in Photoshop CS2. It didn’t matter what photos I took, I had to set them together myself because it didn’t do it automatically. And even at that, it didn’t do a good job of it. I installed "Photostich" (only) from my latest Canon CD and it merged the same photos automatically and beautifully.
Marcel
LL
larry_leon
Nov 6, 2005
Greetings & thank you for your response.

I stitched together horizontally a jpg & bmp of different dimensions using Photomerge command. I wanted to save it as a jpg but only 1 filetype was given so I saved it, reopened it, & saved it as jpg. I’ll play with it later to see If I can go directly to jpg.
I switched to PS because it can handle embedded profiles & its soft proofing capabilities. Also Ulead’s TS sucks. Problem is some of PS tools have same names as PImpact but they do different things or operate differently. So I may have more newbie questions- I hope this is the correct forum.

Thanks again- bye- Larry
PD
Pete D
Nov 6, 2005

I stitched together horizontally a jpg & bmp of
different dimensions using Photomerge command. I wanted
to save it as a jpg but only 1 filetype was given so I
saved it, reopened it, & saved it as jpg. I’ll play
with it later to see If I can go directly to jpg.
I switched to PS because it can handle embedded
profiles & its soft proofing capabilities. Also Ulead’s TS sucks. Problem is some of PS tools have same names
as PImpact but they do different things or operate
differently. So I may have more newbie questions- I
hope this is the correct forum.

Thanks again- bye- Larry

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 23:33:19 -0800,
wrote:

|It’s called Photomerge and you’ll find it in the Automate menu.

Any advise is my attempt to contribute more than I have received but I can only assure you that it works on my PC. GOOD LUCK.
PD
Pete D
Nov 6, 2005

I stitched together horizontally a jpg & bmp of
different dimensions using Photomerge command. I wanted
to save it as a jpg but only 1 filetype was given so I
saved it, reopened it, & saved it as jpg. I’ll play
with it later to see If I can go directly to jpg.
I switched to PS because it can handle embedded
profiles & its soft proofing capabilities. Also Ulead’s TS sucks. Problem is some of PS tools have same names
as PImpact but they do different things or operate
differently. So I may have more newbie questions- I
hope this is the correct forum.

Thanks again- bye- Larry

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 23:39:28 -0800,
wrote:

|It’s called Photomerge in CS, accessed under File>Automate>Photomerge.

Any advise is my attempt to contribute more than I have received but I can only assure you that it works on my PC. GOOD LUCK.
PD
Pete D
Nov 6, 2005
Greetings Marcel & thank you for your response.

I didnt have much trouble but I did a quick & dirty & I’m not very picky! See my replies above.

Thanks- bye- Larry

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 07:09:25 -0500, "Celcius"
wrote:

|Actually, Larry, I tried the Photomerge in Photoshop CS2. It didn’t matter |what photos I took, I had to set them together myself because it didn’t do |it automatically. And even at that, it didn’t do a good job of it. I |installed "Photostich" (only) from my latest Canon CD and it merged the same |photos automatically and beautifully.
|Marcel

C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 6, 2005
I’ll play with it later to see If I can go directly to jpg.

Larry: You do realize, don’t you, that the Jpeg format should only ever be used for saving a file to its final destination, be it for the web or for printing at the saved size.

Opening and resaving Jpegs causes cumulative image degradation due to the compression algorithms.

Chris.
PD
Pete D
Nov 7, 2005

Yea- I just did this as an experiment. I do archive
originals as tif’s but its rare for me to open a jpg
more than 20 times which my experiments showed could
have significant shifts but others claim does not.

I like explanation
http://www.imaging-resource.com/ARTS/JPEG/JPEG.HTM

Comments/suggestions/corrections appreciated.
Thanks- bye- Larry

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 15:53:36 -0800,
wrote:

|
|
| I’ll play with it later to see If I can go directly to jpg. |
|
|
|
|Larry: You do realize, don’t you, that the Jpeg format should only ever be used for saving a file to its final destination, be it for the web or for printing at the saved size.
|
|Opening and resaving Jpegs causes cumulative image degradation due to the compression algorithms. |
|Chris.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections