R
Posted By
ricblackwell
Aug 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use a text box and I input text, the line I am typing does not stop at the border of the text box and then return to the next line. Instead the type keeps going beyond the box. I can’t see it outside the text box, but it does not stop and go to the next line. I’ve never had this problem before so maybe I hit a setting by mistake. Any thoughts why it is doing this.

Thanks,

Merictay

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 6, 2004
What’s your leading? Too high I bet.
R
ricblackwell
Aug 6, 2004
Thanks Ed for your response. I do not know what you mean by "what’s your leading?" Is that a setting and how do I make it not so high.

Thanks,

Merictay
R
Ram
Aug 6, 2004
With your Text Tool selected, look at the Character Palette. Look at the icon on the right-hand column that has two letters ‘A’ , one above the other, separated by a vertical arrow. That’s your LEADING (pronounced ‘ledding’). Set it to Auto rather than a number.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 7, 2004
Typography terms; good to know:

<http://store.adobe.com/type/topics/glossary.html>
RD
Randy_D._Phillips
Aug 19, 2004
It’s not a leading problem – most of my Photoshop 7.0 documents are doing this in Photoshop CS – major problem – looking for a solution myself.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 19, 2004
There used to be a problem with type not showing in earlier versions. The solution was to change the antialiasing setting in the dropdown in the Options Bar. I wonder if that would help?

Aside from that there’s always trashing prefs.

BTW, does it al3ways do it with certain fonts or any font?
RD
Randy_D._Phillips
Aug 19, 2004
Changing the antialiasing does not help – what happens is – I will have a paragraph of text – when I update the the type layer all but the first couple of lines go away and can’t be recovered. I have had an instance where the typ was there, but i had to expand the type box – in another, the type was there in ImageReady, but not in Photoshop.
Might do a re-install or trash prefs – thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections