Posted By
John_Doudoukjian
Nov 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Alright heres my story.
Ok, I still havnt got CS2. But im getting it for Christmas. Well I first downloaded and installd the free trial version. Thats when somehow i got a virus. So i said alright ill re-format my comp. I took all my fonts and things like that and put it on a disk. I didnt think i would have to put CS2 on there so i didnt, i just thought i could download it and everythings fine. Well i just got done downloading and instaling it. Than it says my free trial has ended..

Can anyone help me?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
BLUDVLZ
Nov 2, 2005
Did you install it and then adjust the time settings on your computer? If so, that triggers a fail-safe mechanism in the demo to automatically end your free trial. Basically, it keeps people from rolling back the date on their computer every 30 days and thereby getting a copy of Photoshop for free…

In which case, you’re SOL. The only thing you could do is to reformat your hard drive again. Reinstall the OS. Make sure you fix your time settings in advance of installing the software.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Nov 3, 2005
It sounds like you may have reformatted your C drive but not the entire disk. The secret data that is used for copy protection goes into the boot sector, so the entire disk drive needs to be reformatted.
P
Phosphor
Nov 3, 2005
Write zeros to the entire drive.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections