RQ
Posted By
Rachel_Quigg
Aug 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve posted a request for help on the Studio Exchange forum, but have had no replies, so I’m trying here instead (or as well).

I downloaded an Action called ‘Flags-waving’ but it won’t run completely. I don’t know how to edit an action, or even if it’s possible, but that wouldn’t help much because I don’t know where it’s going wrong.

I guess what would really help is if someone could download it and run it and see if it works for them.

Any help very gratefully received.
Rachel

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 2, 2004
What is the action supposed to do and at what point does it fail?
RQ
Rachel_Quigg
Aug 2, 2004
Ed, it’s an action that turns a flat image of a flag into a wavy flag with shadows. I’ve just worked out how it works – I was trying to run the action from within my flag image, but you have to run the action without the document open, and then a prompt comes up to open the file and it runs fine.

Thanks anyway.
PB
Paul_B._Cutler
Aug 2, 2004
Rachel –
I’ve gotten some good actions from the Studio Exchange. I always dissect them to learn more about how Photoshop works. A lot of them are based on the same principles, for example there’s a lot of them that use clouds and lighting effects to create textures. You can step through actions instead of just playing them and watch as each part of it takes effect. It’s a good way to learn about some fairly sophisticated Photoshop techniques. Glad you figured out your dilemna.
peace

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections