Tutorial Snowlobe for Photoshop 6 (About site)

WE
Posted By
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I eventually got round to trying out this tutorial but I am stuck on step 33 … I don’t know how to convert that step to Elements.

anyone any ideas

Wendy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 10, 2004
I think you forgot something, Wendy! 🙂
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 10, 2004
layer>new fill layer>solid color>blend mode;color, 20% opacity ?
R
RobertHJones
Jan 10, 2004
Wendy,

Add a new layer above the snowflake layers and make it part of the clipping group, fill with the light blue color, set the blending mode to "overlay".

Bob
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 10, 2004
Hey … now that was quick 🙂 🙂

Thanks for the help folks … it is a brilliant tutorial and I’m so enjoying doing it (well except when I get stuck).

Thanks very much
Wendy
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 11, 2004
OK … well I’m stuck again.

Finished the whole tutorial … so feeling quite pleased with myself BUT steps 35 & 36 have me beat … I can’t work out what on earth to do in Elements

Help …. please 🙂

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 11, 2004
Wendy, yes, there are disadvantages to Using elements when it comes to this stuff but there is always a work around. I have not done the tute however from what i can see she is putting that dark shade around the inside of the globe in this step. So basically all you need to do is create a new layer above the globe…control click your globe layer to get the round selection and use the stroke command…try 20 px,center, black,multiply….deselect> and then apply a glaussian blur…look at the inside of your globe to see how far you need to go ( pay no attention to what’s happening outside the globe) then reselect the stroke layer, select inverse>delete. This will give you a soft feather on the inside of the globe only.
R
RobertHJones
Jan 11, 2004
Wendy,

In addition to Jodi’s technique, you can also do the following instead.

First, step #35: Elements doesn’t let you create layer sets. so, just take the globe shading layer you created in step 13 and make sure you move it to just above the light blue layer you created as a workaround in step 33 if you followed my previous suggestion. Make sure it is part of the clipping group. The blending mode of the globe shading layer is already hard light. Leave it alone.

Step #36: Since Elements doesn’t contain this control, you will need to compromise. Make the globe shading layer active. Now go to Elements Layer Styles (from the palette well or from the menu) and select the "inner shadows" tab and click on the "low" shadow. In Elements 2.0 this resets the layer blending mode to normal. Change it back to "hard light". Now look at the globe shading layer in the layer palette. There should be a round symbol with what looks like a cursive f in it. Double click on that symbol to get the options popup dialog. Now adjust the shadow distance to something that looks like what you want. I thought 6 px was about right. Now click on "ok".

You can add an inner glow using the layer styles menu just like you did with the inner shadow but I found that lightened too much and didn’t look very realistic.

Bob
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 11, 2004
Hi Bob & Jodi,

Many thanks for the workarounds …. will dash off and put in my globe shadow. Before I found this forum I used to start tutorials, then when I got stuck I had little choice but to give up …. now with people like you around I get there in the end …..

Now what can I use a globe for ? … must be a suitable challenge coming up soon 🙂

Wendy
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 11, 2004
That is the truth! I got stuck on FIRE, but you all helped me do it correctly. I too am stuck on Globe, and the Layer Sets threw a curve ball at me, but even if I cant do it soon, I will go back to it later, and probably will get it done correctly.
We sure learn fast around here!
Jane

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections