What do the import/export plugins allow you to do?

NB
Posted By
Nancy_Boerner
Jan 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was wondering if anybody knows what the import/export plugins change in PSE 2. I cannot find anyway to make my "export" active under the file option. Does it need a plug in?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Jan 9, 2004
Nancy,

I think the read me file in PSE has some verbage about this.

Nancy
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 9, 2004
The Import commands are used for scanners, etc. Here’s what our very own "Adobe guy" had to say about the Export command in a post from quite a while ago.

"The Export menu is gray because there are no export plug-ins that ship with Elements, but if you install 3rd party export plug-ins it is necessary.
Rich"

Now just don’t ask which 3rd party export plug-ins, because I don’t know the answer! 🙂 I think it might be one of those "you’ll know it when you see it" kinds of things.

What did you want to export?
NB
Nancy_Boerner
Jan 9, 2004
Hi Thanks for letting me in on that 3rd party plug in info. I was thinking there might be a plug in to allow me to directly export from PSE to my cd burner. When I export from other programs, like Picassa, XP brings up my cd burning window. I just thought it might be a quick way to burn from PSE directly.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 9, 2004
PSE doesn’t store any image files, so they would all be on your hard drive anyway.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections