PN
Posted By
Paulette Nelsen
Jul 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use my blur tool on a photo, the blurry area is not beneath the circle that represents the exact size of my brush. It’s actually about 3 pixels to the right and three pixels down. This makes it near impossible to do retouch work. I’ve tried using a different mouse, reinstalling Photoshop, updating my Logitech drivers for my opti mouse. Nothing has helped. Any ideas? Using Win XP Pro if that helps.
Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave milbut
Jul 31, 2003
This makes it near impossible to do retouch work.

not once you get used to it! i think it’s a known problem. there was some discussion of it when ps7 was first released. then people realized it had been happening all the way back to 6. it’s MOST noticable when doing work in the single pixel range. iirc, the ps guys said they would work on it for the next release (which should be any day now, to a couple of months, hopefully!!!)
PN
Paulette Nelsen
Jul 31, 2003
bummer, i thought there was going to be this great quickie fix that i hadn’t heard of. i never had it happen when i was using 2000 professional, but when i switched to xp, that’s when it started.
thanks!
DM
dave milbut
Aug 1, 2003
are you sure you just didn’t notice it? sometimes it’s hard to spot, but once you know about it, you always seem to notice it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections