T
Posted By
Terrat
Jul 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Image interpolation and which resizing / resampling method is best? –I am still trying to educate myself.
This comparison was of great interest to me as I am not familiar with most of them.

I was impressed by the rose at the end where Neat Image was used. < http://www.americaswonderlands.com/digital_photo_interpolati on.htm>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave milbut
Aug 1, 2003
terrat… check out this thread.

pleader "Favorite Sharpening Methods" 7/23/02 6:52am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

Len (birthday boy) or Carol, I believe I would be supported by the many contributors and users of that thread if I asked one of you guys to rescue it from the archive and make it sticky before it fades into oblivion. Pretty please?

Thanks, dave
DS
Don Stefanik
Aug 1, 2003
Terrat, Dave
have you seen ‘Focus Magic’. It interpolates and sharpens. The PS plug in version however only sharpens. The interpolation is very good but can only be performed and saved with jpeg.

Ref the pleader thread. I agree with you Dave .. pretty please? Len Carol

Don
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 1, 2003
Dave,

That thread’s still alive? Holy moley. That was a good thread.
T
Terrat
Aug 1, 2003
Title incorrect. Pardon –Not sharpening. Meant to say "Resampling software comparisons in title.

I use Focus Magic, as well as, other methods of sharpening…all mentioned in my favourite thread that Dave so kindly hyperlinked above.

Wanted to know what others thought of the different methods/software…why, and when to use them. Saw that G. Fractals, which used to be only good for billboard sized upsampling, is now comparitively in the running, along with PS bicubic.

To ‘Help Center Hummel’: I wanted a forum or PS-user opinions from people actually working with the different softwares. If I have a PS Emergency I will be sure to call you.
DM
dave milbut
Aug 1, 2003
That thread’s still alive?

No it’s in archive… awaiting the great beyond!
MV
Mathias Vejerslev
Aug 1, 2003
Terrat, there´s a lot of stuff going on at the moment with vector interpolation.. Some of this stuff is very impressive. Xin-li and QImage (newest ver) comes to mind.. We might even see some of this stuff in our favourite software soon (crosses fingers).

However, still a lot depends on the amount of up or down sampling I presume.
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 1, 2003
Mathias,

We might even see some of this stuff in our favourite software soon (crosses fingers).

I hope you’re right <wink>
H
Ho
Aug 1, 2003
In case anyone is interested, I’ve turned the entire sharpening thread into a PDF. Email me if you want a copy. If anyone can host it, that would be great.

B
Buko
Aug 4, 2003
Why not request it be opened on the Mac side. the hosts seem more accepting of this type of thread.
DM
dave milbut
Aug 4, 2003
go for it buko! ‘specially since linda’s a mackie anyway. 🙂

len, carol? anyone there? is it possible?
DM
dave milbut
Aug 4, 2003
why not? is it because it’s in archive status?
DM
dave milbut
Aug 4, 2003
is it because it’s in archive status?

…. or is it something more sinister? 🙂
DM
dave milbut
Aug 5, 2003
Oooh!

John Cornicello – 01:25pm Aug 4, 2003 Pacific (#43 of 50)

A message in the archive can also be marked as "permanent" and not scroll.

John

how about that!

and also:

Dave Saunders – 05:24pm Aug 4, 2003 Pacific (#47 of 50)

FWIW, it has been my practice when making things permanent in the InDesign_Mac forum to also give them a sorting priority to move them to the top of the list in the archive, so that they’re the first messages people will see if they browse the archive.

Dave

see the Thank You thread, starting at post #39:

Teri Pettit "Thank You!" 8/2/03 7:20pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/38>

It would be cool to leave it in the archive but disallow it to scroll off so we can refrence it from time to time!

dave

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections