NC
Posted By
Niall_Cochrane
Oct 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I am doing detailed poly lasso selections, PhotoShop CS auto pans make huge jumps across the image, effectively causing further unnecessary panning and zooming. How can I reduce the effect of this or turn it off?

thanks

N

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Oct 26, 2005
zoom in closer.
NC
Niall_Cochrane
Oct 26, 2005
Zooming in and out is the problem, after 3 ‘in’ zooms the auto pan takes it upon itself to do a huge pan across the image, even though the lasso has not hit the side of the viewport – this is the quandry.

n
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Oct 26, 2005
then before you get to close to the edge for auto pan, hold down the space bar and manualy pan to give you more working space.
NC
Niall_Cochrane
Oct 26, 2005
That is a possibility but, why should CS do this when 7 doesn’t ? Do you know how to turn it off ?

thanks

n
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Oct 26, 2005
it did happen in 7, at least for me. Im not aware you can turn it off.
NC
Niall_Cochrane
Oct 26, 2005
I use 7 and CS, it only happens on CS.
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Oct 26, 2005
for you maybe.
NC
Niall_Cochrane
Oct 26, 2005
I have used CS before and then reverted back to 7 some time ago. I recently installed it on another machine yesterday and have had nothing but problems.

CS seems to also have a problem with saving targas with their alpha channels removed ?? Whats that all about ?

Is CS2 and improvement ?

sorry for the rant
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Oct 26, 2005
Is CS2 and improvement

I upgraded to CS2 and I cant even get Photoshop to run, lots of people will tell you they are having problems with CS2 and some will say they dont ahve a problem. My guess is if you are having problems with CS1 you will with CS2
NC
Niall_Cochrane
Oct 26, 2005
I can’t get 7 to work on our new machine XP 64 bit – do you know if this is a known problem ?
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 26, 2005
The version number has to be a multiple of 64 you see.

CS (Version 8 ) is OK but CS2 (Version 9) is having problems. 8)
WN
Wesley_Norman
Oct 26, 2005
Niall, when you get close to the edge of the image, hold down the space bar to get the hand cursor and then drag the picture to move it and then continue using the poly tool.
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Oct 26, 2005
So did you not read post 3 then Wesley?
WN
Wesley_Norman
Oct 26, 2005
Sorry I missed it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections