Recommend a book? Photoshop FX for graphics veteran?

TG
Posted By
Tom_Grieve
Jul 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I went looking for a book on type and found The Logo, Font & lettering Bible – an amazing book.

Now – I’m looking for a book on advanced photo shop effects (I’m no beginner.) Not "glow" and "beveled text" and "Lightning’ (well, maybe lightning – if it’s good!)…

But more like weathered effects, rough textures, layer effects tricks and the like. I’m really looking for the equivelant of the type book above (holy grail) but for advanced photoshop effects.

Anyway fire away – I’m all ears.
Thanks!
tg

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Aug 1, 2004
Tom,

I’m not sure there is one. If you weren’t quite as advanced as your post sounds, I’d suggest Photoshop WOW. "Photoshop CS WOW!" won’t be released until November and I thought that the version for PS 7 was a little weaker than the earlier versions. You might look at a copy of an earlier version written by both Jack Davis and Linnea Dayton to see the type of effects they share and then, if it seems interesting, wait for the new one which will, once again, be written by both authors. The PS 7 edition was just written by Jack Davis and wasn’t quite as dynamic as the collaborations IMO.
TG
Tom_Grieve
Aug 1, 2004
Thanks Welles, I’ll check into them.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections